The Shadow has landed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because it was not designed to be carried that way is the best I can come up with. Hi Powers and 1911s can be carried the same way, but, again, were not designed to be so carried. And I believe the half cock position is the "one position" you mentioned in the above post.
It is. I've heard that before on not carrying on half cocked but never understood why. To be honest, I didn't want to look stupid for asking. Now......after years, I've looked stupid so many times, my skin has thickened...Ha.
You can put the safety on in the half cocked position that just stops the trigger from pulling. Fully uncocked, the safety will not engage.
Learning curve question on something I've heard before. I'm sure the answer is simple and I'm a simple man.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you planning on Cajunizing that beast, or leaving it OEM?
Only plan on getting the ghost one rig set.
Nice to look like a shooter that actually be a shooter...Ha
This is what I'm looking at.
Not going with the pink mag holder....
the-one-rig-set.jpg

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice!

And it's ok to admit you really like the pink one. You're among friends here. Heck if you wanted, I could Cerakote the holster and Shadow slide in a matching pink for you as well. I wouldn't mind, really; that's what friends are for! I'd even do it for free, just for you! And actually I'm pretty sure I've still got some of this custom-batch "Tactical Purple" left over if you prefer that. You just LMK when you're ready and we'll set you up REAL nice!!! (LOL)
IMG_20180108_144407012.jpg

Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice!

And it's ok to admit you really like the pink one. You're among friends here. Heck if you wanted, I could Cerakote the holster and Shadow slide in a matching pink for you as well. I wouldn't mind, really; that's what friends are for! I'd even do it for free, just for you! And actually I'm pretty sure I've still got some of this custom-batch "Tactical Purple" left over if you prefer that. You just LMK when you're ready and we'll set you up REAL nice!!!
View attachment 112159
I'm going to take heck from this, but that looks very cool. You do good work. Post some more pictures.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely +1 on the Batman costume, but a piece of advice... I'm assuming by the gear that you race, you'd better make sure you win wearing it, otherwise you'd just be "the loser in a Batman costume" lol.

And thanks for the compliment Steel, I greatly appreciate it. Unfortunately for us, we never take pictures of projects after completing them, just ship 'em out and move on to the next one, but I'm going to start.(but then again, I've been saying that for over a year now.). But I do have a couple pictures a customer sent me of our G29 he took on a hunting trip to Montana a month or so ago. He wanted safety orange on the mag bases with a slightly darker orange on the slide, but it came out as more of a pumpkin color. We've got the gun back now for slide milling, Barsto fitment, Cryo, and returning the slide to safety orange with an OD Green frame. In many cases, people say the pictures don't do the item being photographed justice, but in this case I feel that the pistol want worthy of having such a nice picture taken off it. I'm truly grateful.
IMG_42481.jpg IMG_43041.jpg

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome. CZ sure does make some sweet guns. I have debated getting a pistol for years. I love my scorpion rifle.

+1
I've never personally owned a CZ or FN, always been an HK guy. Been trying to decide which one to pick up next, but I'm starting to lean towards the P07/09. I really like this Shadow 2, but I don't think I'm ready to drop quite that many pennies on a personal gun, quite this early in the year.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is. I've heard that before on not carrying on half cocked but never understood why.
You can put the safety on in the half cocked position that just stops the trigger from pulling. Fully uncocked, the safety will not engage.
I don't know why one would carry a pistol at half cock. With the hammer on half cock and the safety applied, you would have to thumb the hammer back, swipe the safety off, and then pull the trigger to fire the gun (three actions). Hammer fully cocked and safety applied, you swipe the safety off and pull the trigger (only two actions). Hammer down on a loaded chamber and safety "off", you simply pull the trigger all the way thru (only one action). I see no advantage to half cock carry.

Now, "fully uncocked, the safety will not engage". As in, after the trigger has been pulled? Have you tried it this way--rack the slide to cock the hammer, grasp the hammer firmly and pull the trigger, allowing the hammer to go fully forward to its resting point. Can you engage the safety now? Keep in mind that I'm comparing the action of your Shadow to a Jericho 941, which is a CZ-75 copy but which may not operate exactly the same as your pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom