The Shadow has landed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're made from unicorn horns, so if unicorn's are anti-corrosive....yes.

That's just being absurd. Unicorns aren't even real! If anyone is SERIOUSLY asking, those CZ mags appear to be manufactured from aerospace quality Unobtainium, then polished and PVD coated with a very thin layer of UnCNi (Unobtainium Carbo-nitride).

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No de-cocker. Both the DA and SA is the best trigger I've ever pulled on a factory gun.
View attachment 112120
Okay, let me try again. On a traditional CZ-75 (the model I'm guessing the Shadow is based upon), you rack the slide to cock the hammer, then set the manual safety to "safe", and the gun can be carried cocked and locked like a 1911 or a Browning Hi Power, with a short, crisp single action trigger pull.

OR,
you rack the slide to cock the hammer, leave the manual safety on "fire", then, while controlling the hammer with your thumb, you very carefully pull the trigger while slowly lowering the hammer to its resting position. This will leave the hammer resting on a loaded chamber, ready to be pulled thru the long double action trigger stroke of a traditional double action gun. There is no decocker, which is why you have to lower the hammer by hand--carefully!!--to get that traditional DA/SA trigger pull.

This is part of the mystique of the original CZ-75--it allowed the user to carry it as a cocked and locked single action, OR hammer down on a loaded chamber like a traditional SA/DA gun. The decision as to which carry mode to use is left up to the user, but the CZ-75 is one of the few guns that offers the user such a choice.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, let me try again. On a traditional CZ-75 (the model I'm guessing the Shadow is based upon), you rack the slide to cock the hammer, then set the manual safety to "safe", and the gun can be carried cocked and locked like a 1911 or a Browning Hi Power, with a short, crisp single action trigger pull.

OR,
you rack the slide to cock the hammer, leave the manual safety on "fire", then, while controlling the hammer with your thumb, you very carefully pull the trigger while slowly lowering the hammer to its resting position. This will leave the hammer resting on a loaded chamber, ready to be pulled thru the long double action trigger stroke of a traditional double action gun. There is no decocker, which is why you have to lower the hammer by hand--carefully!!--to get that traditional DA/SA trigger pull.

This is part of the mystique of the original CZ-75--it allowed the user to carry it as a cocked and locked single action, OR hammer down on a loaded chamber like a traditional SA/DA gun. The decision as to which carry mode to use is left up to the user, but the CZ-75 is one of the few guns that offers the user such a choice.
You sir are a steely eyed missile man. You are correct sir.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In all seriousness...t is a beauty now, there just is no doubt. I am jealous. You will love that thing.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's just being absurd. Unicorns aren't even real! If anyone is SERIOUSLY asking, those CZ mags appear to be manufactured from aerospace quality Unobtainium, then polished and PVD coated with a very thin layer of UnCNi (Unobtainium Carbo-nitride).

My sweat is known to corrode Unobtanium, even that which is polished and PVD coated with Unobtainium Carbo-nitride. Sadly, this is a deal breaker for me.

I'd need 'em coated with that Red Copper stuff they use on frying pans.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

OR,

A little trick that works on my CZ-75B to decock it works like this:

Rack the slide, hammer will be cocked
While holding the hammer back with your thumb or placing one of you phalanges between the hammer and slide, pull the trigger all the way back
Completely release the trigger and don't touch it again
SLOWLY lower the hammer. It will stop at a "half cock" position
From there, you may fire away in DA mode; it will not allow the safety to be placed "on", however
I believe the pistol is still drop safe in this mode, but I'm not 100% certain

(This is my free advice, worth everything you paid for it. I am not responsible for anyone not following these directions exactly, or any individual differences between your gun and mine that my result in what I posted to be complete rubbish. Also, I am not responsible for any bad Karma you may have floating around, or if you have offended Odin in some meaningful way. In short, this works on mine. Specifically, do not contact me if you accidentally blow a hole in your wife's china cabinet, tv or the cat. Coffee table exception applies, as do funny videos)

Oh, and SF, that is a gorgeous pistol!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CZ copy.JPG

If you get it wet, it grows!

Latest posts

Top Bottom