The shoe's getting ready to drop.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many people are swayed by emotional "reasoning" and the emotional appeal of murdered six year olds is essentially infinite. We're in for some unpleasant times when it comes to our 2nd Amendment-recognized rights.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And therein lies the whole dang problem. For far too long Congress and Administrations just pass stuff with not a care if it will pass constitutional muster. Hell, I even think that it may be their position that that's what the purpose of the Judicial branch is for!

For the purpose of discussion lets just say that Obama issues an EO banning the manufacture and sale of collapsible stocks and high cap mags. ATF then drafts regulations to carry it out. Then they go to Magpul and let them know that they are no longer to make or sell said items and that existing inventory and work in process is to be destroyed or surrendered. Of course Magpul could beat it in court in all likelihood. But how do they survive for the 1 to 3 years it will take to get it into a District Court for an actual trial? Answer: They wouldn't. They don't have the financial resources to wither this storm if they have 98% of their revenue yanked. So while the letter of the law might get established correctly, the government still wins by bankrupting the manufacturers.

This is the exact reason I think out government is broken beyond repair. Congress and Presidents legislate and regulate knowingly unconstitutional BS and if the "subjects" don't like it, well tough, just let them sort it out in the courts if they wish.

I would think in all likelihood they could get an injunction quickly based on the fact that their case would probably (eventually) succeed.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They kept repeating that this is the "Second worst" in school killings. Which is true by the numbers compared to W.V. but some psycho ******* is out there trying to figure out how to become #1!!!

Actually the media usually gets this right. I've sent them so many emails that something actually got through to the research people. The media _should_ say this was the 2nd worst "school mass shooting." Emphasis on the word shooting.

This is worth knowing. Because people love to say that things are "worse now than every before." Both with guns and with violence towards children and schools. (And let's not even get into what various armies have done during wartime.) The "worst school attack" as far as number of dead happened what year? Not Columbine. Not VT. I'll let you think about it for a second....

How about 1927?! Bet most of you weren't expecting that. 45 dead, 58 injured. And none of them were shot by any kind of gun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

The bad guy was the School Board Treasurer and 55 years old. And it could have been much worse. He had planted an additional 500 pounds of dynamite under the school which failed to detonate!!

Every time I read that wiki link, I'm amazed all over again. And I've never heard the mainstream media even mention it when these school attacks happen.

There was another school bombing that happened in the Houston area in 1959. Six dead. Bad guy was seriously unstable or a lot more would have been killed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe_Elementary_School_bombing

Gregg

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the other hand maybe there is hope.

Via WaPo

"President Obama on Monday began the first serious push of his administration to attempt to reduce gun violence, directing Cabinet members to formulate a set of proposals that could include reinstating a ban on assault rifles.

The effort will be led by Vice President Biden, according to two people outside the government who have spoken to senior administration officials since Friday, when a gunman killed his mother and rampaged through Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., killing 20 children, six adults and himself."

Latest posts

Top Bottom