"Themed Pairs" Photos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have a go.

The bottom two are my "themed pair".

The top is a mostly Spike's Tactical rifle that I built (except for the upper, Thanks Josh_L!) that I use for 3 gun and HD and with a .22 lr conversion Steel Challenge.
The bottom is my hunting AR that started as a Remington R-15. Now it has a new paint job and some Troy, Magpul, and Spike's Tactical.
Both are topped with Trijicon Accupoints, TR24G and TR20-2. Also the black rifle gets the ACOG TA44SR-10 when the 22. lr conversion kit is in.
The top lower is a work in progress. Probably will be an SBR but can't decide if I want to stick with the Troy TRX Extreme or something else. It will have Magpul, Troy BUIS, and the TA44 ACOG so then I guess it will become a triplet.

[Broken External Image]

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about a themed pair of quiet guns?

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG4190.jpg

AAC Evo 9 on Glock 17 & AAC M4-2000 on RR Colt M-16A1

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG4194.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG4177.jpg

The Glock even has it's own partner, a Benchmade 805 TSEK

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Both are 0311 of 1000. 0311 is the USMC basic infantry MOS code. :)

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reaction score
Yeah, I know, I know.... but I actually like the AFGs when hunting. That's a new thing this year I did. When you're sitting on a chair, it's easier to hold them up in your lap, without any sliding (movement). And when you're using a bipod, the bipod nestles up into the channel on the AFG, making it steady and keeping it from sliding either way - allows you to take your hands away if you want to, to grab a call or whatnot. And when standing for a shot for extended periods, trying not to move, when waiting on game to take that last couple steps, it keeps the wrist from being cocked uncomfortably.

The light rail is just kinda silly, since I don't see a Texas hog trip in the forseeable future, but the AFG is actually kinda useful, believe it or not. I'm a tinkerer, and I don't regret these actually - at least not yet, since I don't plan on parting with them. Just two tiny little 5-slot rails on each. 10 years from now, this will be commonplace from the factory on non-semi-autos, I believe, anyway. Semis are just too danged heavy for hunting.

The 2 point sling setup is *extremely* useful for stalking as well, by the way - for what I call "african" style carry. No modification necessary there.

Flatwins - very nice! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom