"Themed Pairs" Photos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
That's nice. Your mileage may vary. I like them a lot, both on AR types, and these jerry-rigged deals. You're gonna LOVE posting to pics of that same Mark V stock when it's "finished", since you have nothing better to do than sitting around making fun of others' stuff. It's gonna be a truly redneck-looking deal - but highly functional - that's the key word here. Geniuses are always ahead of their time and initially laughed at. I'm not a genius, but I have that in common with them. Actually doing is is a bit different from playing it on xbox, though, and lurking for hours and days on end waiting for just the right moment to launch an unprovoked ad hominem rolleyes picture link on those that actually have BTDT. You learn what is actually useful in the field, and what is not. Get away from your keyboard and game controller a little, and find out about it. Hit me up, and I'll take you hunting. That is, if you're old enough for a hunting license. It's blatently obvious you're the world's biggest poser, but I'm willing to teach you. I was once young and stupid, too, but it CAN be fixed - that's the good news here! :) Wait, don't tell me - you were/are special forces, right!? Bwaaahahahaha. :P

Reaction score
Designed for, deschmined for - it works, and works well in at least 3 different ways, as I already described in some detail for you above. Can you even read? If you can, then reading comprehension FAIL. My dog was designed to hunt badgers, but I can utilize him as a companion too. Think outside the box a bit. What are you, a tango down salesman with something against Magpul? Oh wait, no, child labor is illegal in this country; my bad. Hunting isn't any more like your hunting games than real fighting is like your call of duty and halo games, kid. Start out by hunting houseflys in your house, and take a hunter safety course, and get a hunting license. Then we can go from there. Sheesh, too bad you don't have to be 16 and have a license to get on the internet. I've been saying for years that Logic should be a required 1-semester course in junior high school, and I now give you Exhibit A.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai898.photobucket.com_albums_ac188_drtadhusseinwinslow_DPMS_20Flaming_20Pigs_050.jpg

I like this one, but I just wish someone would invent a rifle length rail to cover the gas tube.

Reaction score
They do, but it weighs more. A 14 pound rifle doesn't do me a lot of good, and you've got to cut corners *somewhere* besides the barrel; handguard is the 2nd best place to cut weight on an already-heavy gun like the AR10 type. And there's no downside other than aesthetics to the setup. Once again, it's a functionality over "how dusting saw it done in call of duty" thing. I know it perturbs you when it doesn't look like your games, but it's something you'll just have to get over. I hope you don't lose any sleep.

Reaction score
Good idea; thanks, but the .22 is just a range toy; no need for weight savings on that one; thanks for bringing it up. That's the only rubber armored one. The other one is a tool. The flaming pig is also a toy on the .260. It comes off for weight savings in the field, on occasions that I hunt with it. No loctite. Toy/Tool dichotomy - also something lost on the gamers, evidently. I hope Christmas break for the kids is over soon - some of us have to work! I'm out - flame away, dusting!

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The KX3s are also pretty heavy. Might try running a less HSLD muzzle device to save some weight. If you could shave enough weight you might be able to afford to get a handguard to cover the delicate gas tube. If that gets damaged, the gun will fail to operate during your operations.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:popcorn:

FWIW, I like the AFG. It weighs next to nothing and works as well or better than some of the more expensive hand stops. On the two I have, they're mounted further forward that the handguard extends, giving me more real estate (my handguards do cover all of the gas tube though). :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom