There Must Be A Reason For Posting This Sign...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like this may be a new style toilet that fillets a turd to prevent stoppages?
I don’t know, but you asked!
So I use to own a house with a below grade toilet that used an upflush. Anyway one day it stopped and was just making a stuck motor noise so I turned off the breaker and decided to deal with it later. I tell my wife that the power is off to the downstairs bathroom and to not use it no matter what.

The next day I hear her yell..."The downstairs toilet is Overflowing."

Anyway I had to shop vac it out and carry it outside to the toilet upstairs (house was built into a slope) . Then same process with the up flush tank taking several trips #thisiswhyiownagasmask. Inside the up flush tank was perhaps the scariest device I have ever seen. An array of turd cutting blades that spin producing a hyper stream of pressurised turds that then shoot up the pipe. It had been blocked by a piece of bone?! Even with the power off removing it just had this sense of dread of getting my fingers chopped off by turd blades while a stream of poop sprays in my.face. but in the end... Mission accomplished

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I use to own a house with a below grade toilet that used an upflush. Anyway one day it stopped and was just making a stuck motor noise so I turned off the breaker and decided to deal with it later. I tell my wife that the power is off to the downstairs bathroom and to not use it no matter what.

The next day I hear her yell..."The downstairs toilet is Overflowing."

Anyway I had to shop vac it out and carry it outside to the toilet upstairs (house was built into a slope) . Then same process with the up flush tank taking several trips #thisiswhyiownagasmask. Inside the up flush tank was perhaps the scariest device I have ever seen. An array of turd cutting blades that spin producing a hyper stream of pressurised turds that then shoot up the pipe. It had been blocked by a piece of bone?! Even with the power off removing it just had this sense of dread of getting my fingers chopped off by turd blades while a stream of poop sprays in my.face. but in the end... Mission accomplished
Hadn't ever really thought about the detailed process involved in an upflush. Thanks a lot for the knowledge, lol.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yours is different than what I spoke of in that it is a self contained unit that is NOT a part of the actual toilet. I was speaking of macerator toilets that have the system built into the toilet. There is no way I would want to have to tear into the commode or replace because the macerator quit.

In our RV, the waste drops straight down into the black tank. And, since the special little lights that are supposed to tell one of the level of waste in each tank don't really do that, I can shine a flashlight down into the bowl while flushing and actually see how close the black tank is to being full. But of course, one can have a good idea just by the sounds when flushing.
Yes, when it burps back after a flush, it’s time to dump.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, when it burps back after a flush, it’s time to dump.

Yeppers, I know that...

...however, some new RV'ers don't understand what we mean by a burp. Then some of them get to clean their bathroom floors and sometimes down to lower floors.

Also, NEVER get distracted while flushing the black tank with the flushing system.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeppers, I know that...

...however, some new RV'ers don't understand what we mean by a burp. Then some of them get to clean their bathroom floors and sometimes down to lower floors.

Also, NEVER get distracted while flushing the black tank with the flushing system.
I get bored easily, so I have to set a timer on the phone to let me know when to stop using the sparger bar in the black tank with the discharge closed. I like to fill the tank about three times and dump it to get everything out of the corners, etc.
Buddy didn't do that two years ago in Colorado and paid the price. Their rig smelled bad for a year, but the following year, got flushed downstream in a flash flood in Tennessee resulting in a total with the insurance company. They got out safely.
We've gone 11 days so far as a record before dumping that black tank.
Wait.....are we using a term not allowed in society now? Should it be called a shat tank? Nope, that would bring out another segment of society related to liberals. I'm confused now.....

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get bored easily, so I have to set a timer on the phone to let me know when to stop using the sparger bar in the black tank with the discharge closed. I like to fill the tank about three times and dump it to get everything out of the corners, etc.
Buddy didn't do that two years ago in Colorado and paid the price. Their rig smelled bad for a year, but the following year, got flushed downstream in a flash flood in Tennessee resulting in a total with the insurance company. They got out safely.
We've gone 11 days so far as a record before dumping that black tank.
Wait.....are we using a term not allowed in society now? Should it be called a shat tank? Nope, that would bring out another segment of society related to liberals. I'm confused now.....

You do more flushing than I do. I first drain the black tank and then turn on the flushing hose and let it run that way for about 5 minutes. Then I close the tank valve for about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes and then open it again for that same period of time. Then I shut off the water about 30 seconds or so after shutting the valve. We've never experienced smells from the black tank.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do more flushing than I do. I first drain the black tank and then turn on the flushing hose and let it run that way for about 5 minutes. Then I close the tank valve for about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes and then open it again for that same period of time. Then I shut off the water about 30 seconds or so after shutting the valve. We've never experienced smells from the black tank.
Never have either, but also put one of the tank vent wind vents on as soon as we got it on recommendations from RV'rs that had been on the road a lot longer than us.
It rotates with the wind, creating a little vacuum with the design to move air up and away from the tank.

https://a.co/d/iTyYKyS
1682218551746.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom