Think your range is pricey???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can only imagine the amount of regulations, fees, licenses and red tape these guys have to go through EVEN to just shoot a .22 rifle.

This is an example of why we have to remain ever vigilant. They will continue to try and regulate and tax us to death where we can't afford to shoot or make it impossible for any firearms related business to stay viable. If they can't pass bans, they'll chip away at the stone with legislation that seems to make sense and appeals to the masses.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This last deer season I thought I would try something new. I went to Heartland Outdoors in Edmond since it was close to the house. Nice place, but there really should be a different rate for someone just wanting to verify they are still on target. $15.00 and 2 shots later I was out the door. Another thing that was interesting was they did not have any ballistics data as to where someone should be hitting on their target for further out. I pulled out my phone and figured it but it was another step to take. A little frustrating but hey, live and learn. I shouldn't have waited until it was my only option.

Did you tell them this is what you were doing? I've gone in to test some reloads, 3-5 rounds, and they didn't charge me.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Re: HMFIC'S prediction/observation. Your dead on. One day we will wake up with our guns but no where to shoot our $10 + per round ammo.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me get this straight......$65 to shoot $2 worth of ammo through a $200 gun? You've got to be friggin' kidding me!
Maybe you guys are looking at this the wrong way. For many NYC residents $65 is cheap for what may be their once in a lifetime chance to shoot a gun. Many residents there have never been out of NYC in their life.
A lot of freedoms you experience everyday they don't have.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Maybe you guys are looking at this the wrong way. For many NYC residents $65 is cheap for what may be their once in a lifetime chance to shoot a gun. Many residents there have never been out of NYC in their life.
A lot of freedoms you experience everyday they don't have.

This is true. Some of the kids from NYC came to Ft Sill and couldn't believe how much grass and open space there was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom