thinking about a job change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've considered getting a private investigator license, did it take long to acquire and do you find it was worth your time to go that route?
Mostly I have no idea what job opportunities lie down that path.

I spent the last eight years putting in a million miles driving for Tyson Foods and I still have the CDL but I don't feel compelled to drive around the country for another eight years.
Since I separated from the trucking business I've just managed the rental properties I acquired over the years, it doesn't take up any noticeable time on my part these days, but I
miss having something I need to do every morning.

Every now and again I get the urge to do something completely different, I haven't bothered to follow a linear career path.
getting licensed is easy only a couple months of school.getting work is tough most wont to hire people with a leo back ground. I work for a firm of retired leo turned pi so it helped me, but sure aint magnum pi at all

Jace

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These are not normal times. Like Ive told my adult kids, "It might not be wise to give up a good paying job you dont like just yet". If this nation has another 20 years, then the medical industry would be a good choice--gotta keep all the baby boomers alive.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking about a job change too...as in no more job. I'm thinking of retiring and becoming a full time man of leisure in about 16 months and 6 days. But hey, it's not set in concrete yet. Check back with me tomorrow, at which time it will be 16 months and 5 days.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

An armored car would require at most a CDL B license.
All you have to do is read the drivers handbook all the questions come from it, and you will pass the written test.

CDL class B just means you cannot drive combination vehicles such as tractor trailers. You'd be qualified to drive heavy one piece trucks.
I doubt that armored cars use air brakes so you wouldn't even need that endorsement.

You would need to take your driving test in a vehicle that is the same type as what your license qualifies you to drive, you can find companies that will rent you whatever you need and even deliver it to the testing facility for your test.

If an armored car company required you to have your cdl, there is a very good chance they would help you aquire the CDL.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about a job change too...as in no more job. I'm thinking of retiring and becoming a full time man of leisure in about 16 months and 6 days. But hey, it's not set in concrete yet. Check back with me tomorrow, at which time it will be 16 months and 5 days.

This^^^^^^ Why run around in the Rathole Race.
Sittin on the couch ....collecting retirement, get out of the way of the young run and gunners.
Besides youve done HVAC work, What else can you expect (theyre dying down here for HVAC Techs, even willing to pay $15 dollars an hour for a good one)....;)
Me Im collecting all that money I paid in before its Gone Baby GONE

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you can do handymman work ,you will be covered up with work. the little old ladies can think of more things to do around the house. i did a small bath remodel for a friend and it started from that. i really didnt want to do handyman work because i have my own rentals to tend to. had people begging to go do things for them. from changing lightbulbs to full on remodels. also i mow my yards on my rentals, tenants dont take care of the yard the way i want it done. people stop and ask if i will mow their yard all the time. i did pick up 1 yard in nichols hills. paid enough to pay for a new zero turn in 1 summer. i guess if your willing to do a good job , be on time , follow through you can make a living

Latest posts

Top Bottom