Thinking about Buying A Used Harley

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tenor.gif

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned and put a lot of miles on several brands of street bikes in my life. I do have to say the reliability of the Honda's, Kawasaki's and Yamaha's I have owned have by far surpassed most of the Harley's my friends have had. Don't ride as much as I used to so do not have as much current model experience, but I hear the same.

Nothing sounds like a "real motorcycle" as a Harley does. Well except the expansion chambers on my 750 triple Kawasaki. Different category though.

If a little more maintenance $ will not be a factor, pick anything that suits your style. You and what ever you choose will become invisible to other drivers when you throw your leg over the seat. Ride Safe.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know japan makes fine motorcycles, ive had some good ones...as well as some bad ones (Kawasaki 550 that was a mega POS). I just want to give a Harley a go. I'm keeping an eye out for an 08+ ultra classic thanks to the advice given to me in this thread. I actually had a member hit me up about one that i need to reply to now that I'm thinking about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom