This is a question posted theoretically. Maybe not.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you submitting Controlled Hunt application every year? Best way to get in on a good hunt for cheap in Oklahoma.
I submitted one year and actually got selected for one of the hunts at McAlester Ammo Plant. Unfortunately it just wasn't a fun hunt for me because I was there by myself. I'm a full on introvert, so being around a bunch of people I didn't know kind of took the fun out of the hunt. Seeing seemingly hundreds of deer on the way to the hunting spots and then absolutely nothing AT the hunting spots took more of the fun out of the hunt for me. I've basically given up on hunting because my friends that I used to hunt with don't really hunt anymore, and that was the part that I enjoyed about going. Even if I didn't get anything. Now, if I go hunting it's going to be either on a lease (unlikely, because I can't afford it) or a package hunt (again, can't afford it).

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I submitted one year and actually got selected for one of the hunts at McAlester Ammo Plant. Unfortunately it just wasn't a fun hunt for me because I was there by myself. I'm a full on introvert, so being around a bunch of people I didn't know kind of took the fun out of the hunt. Seeing seemingly hundreds of deer on the way to the hunting spots and then absolutely nothing AT the hunting spots took more of the fun out of the hunt for me. I've basically given up on hunting because my friends that I used to hunt with don't really hunt anymore, and that was the part that I enjoyed about going. Even if I didn't get anything. Now, if I go hunting it's going to be either on a lease (unlikely, because I can't afford it) or a package hunt (again, can't afford it).
Try putting in on some of the antlerless hunts (Sequoyah, Tish, etc...)
Better odds, better weapons. Try posting here in April and see if someone wants to put in for a group hunt with you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom