This Is........ AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't even know where to start.

IMAGINE if this video were at all reflective of reality, then there would be a point to it. The comparison of the US, it's leaders and military to dictators, oppressors, terrorists and murderers is just one more reason why I continue to think that despite some of Ron Paul's good ideas, he is a complete a total kook.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't even know where to start.

IMAGINE if this video were at all reflective of reality, then there would be a point to it. The comparison of the US, it's leaders and military to dictators, oppressors, terrorists and murderers is just one more reason why I continue to think that despite some of Ron Paul's good ideas, he is a complete a total kook.
You said it for me.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh yes, I forgot, our foreign policy of occupation is the perfect answer and creates no enemies.

Let's see, how many were killed on 9-11? How many innocents have we killed since then? How many lived normal lives in their part of the world but now wear the badge of "terrorist" or "insurgent" due to our imperialist approach of broadening power and control as we see fit?

I'm sure it's all worth it. I mean, we already know we have an endless supply of money to fund it all... Or, we don't.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yes, I forgot, our foreign policy of occupation is the perfect answer and creates no enemies.

Let's see, how many were killed on 9-11? How many innocents have we killed since then? How many lived normal lives in their part of the world but now wear the badge of "terrorist" or "insurgent" due to our imperialist approach of broadening power and control as we see fit?

I'm sure it's all worth it. I mean, we already know we have an endless supply of money to fund it all... Or, we don't.

I would love to see all of our troops come home tomorrow.

That's no reason for Ron Paul to label our troops as unfettered, unwanted killers and occupiers though.

There were and are plenty of good reasons for us to be helping the citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan and plenty of good reasons to be fighting those who actively attempt to bring chaos to that region and the world. At the end of the day, I still wish we were all home, but it's a far cry from the way Ron Paul has painted it in his video.

I will never forget sitting at the piano bar in the Dubai Intercontinental while we were taking port on our way into GW 1.0. There was a guy sitting there with a gauze patch over one eye and he bought me and the 3 other guys I was sitting there with a bottle of Dom Perignon and toasted us. He was a Kuwaiti and he spoke to us about how the Iraqis came into Kuwait and layed waste to everything... ransacking the gold souk, killing those who didn't cooperate. He owned a high end boat dealership (think Cigarettes, etc... major $). He told us how they raped and killed his fiance in front of him and then gouged out one of his eyes. He was still missing his fingernails where they had pulled them off in an effort to torture him further. He toasted us because in the Americans, he saw people who, as a whole, were good, honest, brave men who came to help. HE knew how to identify REAL oppression, REAL torture, REAL murder, REAL evil. We left the bar that night changed. We already knew that our cause was just, but now we felt it to our core.

It's sad that there are some bad apples in our bunch that people like Mr. Paul will use as examples of how terrible we are. It's sad that politics in general will always yield varying results and have alterier motives.

It is true however, despite both of the aforementioned things, that we Americans as a people are good and we do have good itentions and we do make the effort to ensure that we police the bad apples.

It is not true that we are even in the same ballpark to be compared to the likes of ruthless, thugs we oppose.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assuming that we've got to fight islamo-terrorism or any other threat for that matter to keep Americans safe isn't it better to fight it on their soil and have their people die than not fight it at all and end up having to fight on our soil?

The old “we have to fight them there, so we don’t have to fight them here” rhetoric. So how many attacks have been foiled by us ganging up on Libya? Or Iraq? How many people have we turned against us for the same aggression?

Seems pointless to use the “fight them there” rhetoric, while we leave our Southern border pretty much unprotected. If our government really, really gave a damn about terrorism and national security, they’d do something to secure the easy path into this country before they started attacking yet another nation in the Middle East.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dwight Eisenhower was full of isht with all that "military industrial complex" talk... LOL, I mean, we have millions of legit reasons to militarize the globe!

At least, that's what we've been told.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my point is that if Ron Paul wants to have a legitimate debate on continuing our current military actions then he should refrain from his voodoo video that contains little if anything representative of the facts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom