This is what happens when you get bored...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You make things...lol

I had a epiphany and then the hamster wheel got moving. I was not happy with the holster I had for my Ruger LCR. I really wanted a front carry IWB but I am way to fat to carry it there so I made a rear carry IWB.

Took me about 2.5 hours to make it, so far I think it turned out well for only being the 3rd holster I have ever made.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up a small sheet of kydex from Jantz supply in Davis, OK I have not made anything with the kydex before but look forward to working with it. Thanks for the photo and some inspiration. I will be working with knives not guns.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
easiest way I have found to work it is to use my oven. I turn the oven on at 250-275° and it only takes about 2-4 minutes to turn the Kydex into a pliable sheet. I use gloves and some towels to work it along with a heat gun.

I also use a dremel for a cut off wheel and a drum roll for sanding and also a jigsaw to cut larger pieces.

What kind of price are you getting it for, I ordered mine via knife kits.com

Last edited:

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jantz had a 12"x12" square for $4.00. I just bought one to try my hand at it. I have some eyelets I will use for fastening it together.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you who don't know. Jantz supply is a huge supplier of all things knife making related. They sell all types of steel, leather, composite as well as wood and bone handle material, and anything else you could think of to make a knife. It is in the middle of nowhere, OK. If you are ever driving south on I-35 out of the state or just want to make a special trip for the fun of it Jantz in Davis is a great place to browse for some cool knife materials.

Here is link to the website.
http://www.knifemaking.com/Default.asp

Latest posts

Top Bottom