This morning's pig hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing falls as fast as a hog with a cut achilles tendon! The one time I
did it, I used a nylon cord to tie the hock back onto the gambrel, but it was a struggle.

Nice hunt, and nice pictures. CB

Reaction score
I only had one hunt this "perfect" myself. Second time I ever went turkey hunting, and first time on to hunt on this lease in Caddo County (but I had scouted and knew where they were roosting from the droppings). I put my decoy in about a 1/4 acre clearing about 75 yards from the roost treetops, but at the far side of the clearing, so they could see them from the roost (I had hoped); blind set up in the trees just off the clearing on the other side toward the roost, but still less than 20 yards from decoy. Soft clucks & soft yelps as sun was coming up, with a few reply gobbles & yelps. Sure enough, at one point, about 8 or 10 fly down straight to the decoy (jake mating a hen), scaring the crap out of me, and within 1 second of flydown, boss tom is literally kicking the heck out of my jake decoy. 3 seconds after flydown, boss tom is flopping. 9.25" beard. 1 1/8" spurs. Round about 7:15, IIRC, maybe earlier. :D

MyMonkey, public land - Deep Fork WMA. PM me and I'll take ya, MM!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom