Thoughts on the "high mag" tax?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure most people have heard about it already by this point, but I'll drop a video by Colin Noir at the bottom for those not in the know.

$200 per mag is incredibly stupid... I fail to see the logic in taxing good citizens for just having a gun. No criminal is going to pay their taxes, what does this solve? I'm curious what outcomes others see happening here on a local level as, at this point, it's hard to worry about the rest of the country when their own local leaders are allowing their cities to burn.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's not about making money by taxation. It's about taxation that few can afford to disarm the average citizen. And also just the tip of the ice berg as far as gun control measures go, at least it is in my opinion.

Welcome to the forum! I feel you are 100% spot on.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a good opinion piece on how it might play out.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020...ent=featured-content-trending&utm_term=second

It closes with:

But the undeniable fact is that American gun owners are not going to register their weapons, and they’re not going to surrender them, either. The only real questions are the extent to which the defiance would be quiet versus brazen, and how severely Democrats would pay the price at the ballot box. The anti-gun Left should stop pretending this could play out any other way.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's not about making money by taxation. It's about taxation that few can afford to disarm the average citizen. And also just the tip of the ice berg as far as gun control measures go, at least it is in my opinion.

Agreed. They will try it on ammo too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom