Threatened to quit my job today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
After a(nother) week of getting my ass kicked every night, I sent an email to my direct superior telling him I was looking at other employment opportunities last night. I'm tired of going to work every night dreading how badly I'm going to get beaten up and wondering when the next (unavoidable) lawsuit is going to be filed.

Steps are supposedly being made to make things better, but they sound like too little, too ineffective, and designed to keep the profit rolling to the corporate office.

I'm tired of giving my all, hating my job (which is doing something I LIKE) and being told I'm an ungrateful, spoiled little brat by administration, the public and the legal system almost every day, it seems like.

If I could do it, I'd leave not just this career, but this country far behind and open a dive shop in the Caribbean. :(

<edit> Sorry, been a tough week, lost a few, won a few, but overall just feel like I've been beat with a bat (mentally and physically) for the last several years. I get 2 nights off, get to do a little more than just say, "Hi" to my son and my wife in passing, then I get to go back and do it again.

Feels like not just a rat race, but a rat cage inside a rat maze - all while cruel children poke sticks at you through the wire mesh. <sigh>

I'm sorry, I just feel the need to vent - I don't really have many (any) friends I see, so OSA is the only place I feel like anyone gives a sh|t. Except my wife, of course, she's great. I'm just sad this is what my life has come to. :(

Carry on, hope ya'll have better days than this.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you arent happy make the change. It will probably not be easy, but you will kick yourself in the ass for not doing it sooner.

*Same thing applies to your love life.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not many are called to do what you do. Move west and try another area..........having lived on both sides of the state for equal amounts of time, I feel like I can honestly compare the the two....move west.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know that feeling. Come Friday I really know the definition of "weary". A new job sounds great at the moment but after a while it would suck too. Thats why they have to pay you to do it. If you need a partner in your Carribean venture just holler!

Coz

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
After a(nother) week of getting my ass kicked every night, I sent an email to my direct superior telling him I was looking at other employment opportunities last night. I'm tired of going to work every night dreading how badly I'm going to get beaten up and wondering when the next (unavoidable) lawsuit is going to be filed.

Steps are supposedly being made to make things better, but they sound like too little, too ineffective, and designed to keep the profit rolling to the corporate office.

I'm tired of giving my all, hating my job (which is doing something I LIKE) and being told I'm an ungrateful, spoiled little brat by administration, the public and the legal system almost every day, it seems like.

If I could do it, I'd leave not just this career, but this country far behind and open a dive shop in the Caribbean. :(

<edit> Sorry, been a tough week, lost a few, won a few, but overall just feel like I've been beat with a bat (mentally and physically) for the last several years. I get 2 nights off, get to do a little more than just say, "Hi" to my son and my wife in passing, then I get to go back and do it again.

Feels like not just a rat race, but a rat cage inside a rat maze - all while cruel children poke sticks at you through the wire mesh. <sigh>

I'm sorry, I just feel the need to vent - I don't really have many (any) friends I see, so OSA is the only place I feel like anyone gives a sh|t. Except my wife, of course, she's great. I'm just sad this is what my life has come to. :(

Carry on, hope ya'll have better days than this.

25.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_md84q3L6gO1qca6zso1_r1_500.gif

Attachments

• tumblr_md84q3L6gO1qca6zso1_r1_500.jpg
    tumblr_md84q3L6gO1qca6zso1_r1_500.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 76

Latest posts

Top Bottom