Threatened to quit my job today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I have been reading, the workplace is not as friendly as it once was for many people. The stress of making money that is put on the heads of the supervisors is enormous, thus as we all know it runs down hill. I am not trying to say it is justified. It all revolves the bottom line now. Stick in there, and just be looking for a different opportunity as you work.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reminds me of when I was young and would go to bars to meet women. They'd always ask "what do you do for a living," and I'd tell them I was the guy that goes into the porta-potties to suck all that stuff out with a big vacuum. Never was as humorous to women as I thought it was. Be carful what you wish for I guess....you could be the porta-potty guy.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry brother it will get better! I can't complain about my job too much but man I dream every day of moving to the Carribean. Family and kids keeping me here.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah... sorry, I was just venting. I feel a bit better now after some sleep. The job isn't better, but I'm at least mostly rested and get to spend two evening with my peeps. Unfortunately I can change jobs (employers/locations), but I can't change fields right now - not for a couple of years (financial constraints) And unfortunately, any other place probably isn't going to be any different. It's the nature of the field these days. My boss is a good guy and we talked, he agrees with me and honestly wants to make things better. He doesn't want me to leave, he wants to build a good group and I do feel he appreciates me... I know my coworkers do (most of them) as they tell me. I just get frustrated, and I'm approaching burnout. Hopefully they'll get us some help and make some changes, as I'm not the only one (all of us are), and they cannot afford to let that happen.

The field just isn't what it used to be, there's too much corporate, and there's too much entitlement.

Oh, and jj, I seriously considered the concierge option - sat down and put some numbers to paper once, and I honestly think I could make it happen. Only problem is, I won't cater to inappropriate requests (ala Michael Jackson), AND Obamacare puts a damper on that, too.

Anyways... just woke up, time for some Scotch. Later. Thanks, all, for listening to my bitching.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hang in there and work until you CAN retire then do so. I retired completely at age 62 and it's the best thing I ever did for both myself and my wife. My blood pressure went down too, thank you very much. Oh, and by the way, there's a lot of us who do appreciate your profession.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah... sorry, I was just venting. I feel a bit better now after some sleep. The job isn't better, but I'm at least mostly rested and get to spend two evening with my peeps. Unfortunately I can change jobs (employers/locations), but I can't change fields right now - not for a couple of years (financial constraints) And unfortunately, any other place probably isn't going to be any different. It's the nature of the field these days. My boss is a good guy and we talked, he agrees with me and honestly wants to make things better. He doesn't want me to leave, he wants to build a good group and I do feel he appreciates me... I know my coworkers do (most of them) as they tell me. I just get frustrated, and I'm approaching burnout. Hopefully they'll get us some help and make some changes, as I'm not the only one (all of us are), and they cannot afford to let that happen.

The field just isn't what it used to be, there's too much corporate, and there's too much entitlement.

Oh, and jj, I seriously considered the concierge option - sat down and put some numbers to paper once, and I honestly think I could make it happen. Only problem is, I won't cater to inappropriate requests (ala Michael Jackson), AND Obamacare puts a damper on that, too.

Anyways... just woke up, time for some Scotch. Later. Thanks, all, for listening to my bitching.

Saw where you had to testify in that court case the other day. What a bunch of losers. Keep your chin up.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You

That's the beauty of concierge subscriptions. You decide who you allow into your service. And since you are 100% cash, outside of any of the insurance or government plans, none of that applies. Obamacare doesn't apply. PM me with your email if you're really interested. I can come up with a plan for guaranteed income if that helps.

BigD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the feeling. I have to work 2nd shift(low senority) and get to see the wife very little when I get home. Well just tonight they slapped us with mandatory OT for many weeks and weekends to come. The OT is extended hours and puts me home 2 hrs later than normal.. Absolutely love my job but not when it's mandatory OT.

Latest posts

Top Bottom