Three Men Arrested After Buying Gun At Gun Show In OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there has to be a way to stop felons without hendering the law biding public. i would support a id card state issued to buy a gun from anyone

I would not support this. This is what IL does and it amounts to being forced to obtain government permission to purchase a firearm. In IL, you can't so much as hold or shoot a gun at a range or purchase the first bullet without a FOID (Firearms Owner ID Card).

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FFL is not a person it's a business that is Federally Licensed and Governed; and it has no rights.

Persons do.

Why is this so hard to get through?

Misdirection. Besides, there are thousands of FFLs who are not incorporated businesses, and every FFL is issued to a person, so far as I know. Why is this question so difficult to answer?

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood. I didn't suggest that all private sales should be forced to go through an FFL. I also didn't suggest that anyone should be prosecuted for unknowingly selling something to a prohibited person. I suggested that a barrier be put in place so that it was less easy for them to buy at gun shows, and suggested that the benefit would be that felons stop coming to gun shows to buy firearms.

Well what criteria do you suggest? If they look like a criminal? Tattoo? Maybe NICS check just to get in the door.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suggested that what Colorado did seems to be working for them. Find a buyer, take them to the table where they do NICS checks, pay $10. Done deal.

I don't think the NICS to get in the door is a good idea. There are lots of things (accessories, ammo, even those damned beanie babies) that one might wish to buy that anyone can legally purchase.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many prohibited people have been kept from buying firearms in Colorado?

I suggested that what Colorado did seems to be working for them. Find a buyer, take them to the table where they do NICS checks, pay $10. Done deal.

I don't think the NICS to get in the door is a good idea. There are lots of things (accessories, ammo, even those damned beanie babies) that one might wish to buy that anyone can legally purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom