Three MWC shootings test OK "Make My Day" Law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think the title was a bit off. I do not see where theses cases in any way test the law. To me the title implied that these cases were going to be tested in court.

Michael

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "Make My Day" law, probably more accurately referred to as the Castle Doctrine despite the wording in title 21, has been invoked dozens of times in Oklahoma.

I've yet to see a case in the home, not just on the property, where the homeowner had any significant legal difficulties so the reality is it's not longer any type of "test".

Now once the "Stand Your Ground" law gets tested more often, there may be a lot more to discuss.

Michael Brown

FenixTxM3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, that homeowner is extremely lucky, he only had one bullet in his gun. Hate to imagine what would have happened if he missed or hit a less vital spot.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also thought the title was somewhat misleading. With the D.A. saying they were all justified, I didn't see where the "testing" part came in. Also glad he said this: “I will continue to support a homeowner's and an innocent person's right to defend themselves against an attacker,”. All Jerome Ersland stuff aside, I want a D.A. that will support the rights of his citizens to defend themselves.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "Make My Day" law, probably more accurately referred to as the Castle Doctrine despite the wording in title 21, has been invoked dozens of times in Oklahoma.

I've yet to see a case in the home, not just on the property, where the homeowner had any significant legal difficulties so the reality is it's not longer any type of "test".

Now once the "Stand Your Ground" law gets tested more often, there may be a lot more to discuss.

Michael Brown

THAT is very good to hear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom