Thunderbird Run 'n Gun Gear loadout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I figured instead of cluttering up the competition thread with gear specific talk...I'd open one up here. What are you running and how are you running it?

I'm still figuring mine out but it will look something like this:

Eagle Universal Chest Rig w/
4-6 X 30 Round AR mags
4 pistol mags
Med kit
Accessory pouch with stopwatch and notepad

Dump Pouch on Belt
Small hydration bladder
Rifle/Pistol

What are you guys doing for ear pro? Running the whole thing with earplugs in/earmuffs on? Hanging them in an accessible place and donning before each shooting event?

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where and when does a TBird Run and Gun take place? sounds like more fun than a 3 gun competition (which is a hell of a lot of fun).

Can anyone sign up?

What type guns are needed.

Could you maybe take the time to describe the competition/action?

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I figured instead of cluttering up the competition thread with gear specific talk...I'd open one up here. What are you running and how are you running it?

I'm still figuring mine out but it will look something like this:

Eagle Universal Chest Rig w/
4-6 X 30 Round AR mags
4 pistol mags
Med kit
Accessory pouch with stopwatch and notepad

Dump Pouch on Belt
Small hydration bladder
Rifle/Pistol

What are you guys doing for ear pro? Running the whole thing with earplugs in/earmuffs on? Hanging them in an accessible place and donning before each shooting event?

Are you using any protection on your knees and elbows?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I prefer to carry more weight on my hips... I'm going with an old ALICE web belt without the suspenders, with 2 M-16 mag pouches, a Bladetech holster and double pistol mag holder, and a Gerber. I'll take my 3l Camelbak, probably half full but with lots of ice in that MFer, with cleaning rod sections in the pack. Im carrying the rifle with a homemade tactical+shooting sling, and a bottle of lube in the pistol grip.

For ear pro, I'm just planning on using plain old ear plugs, and just leaving them in the whole time. Muffs are a no go because they get in the way of my cheek weld. I might end up trying some of those fancy electronic plugs though. Ive tried gloves, Ive tried hats... ended up deciding I like the increased airflow better without either. Im just gonna go with a bandana around the head, and tactical sweat-evaporating haircut. I'll probably rock a sleeveless T or one of those wick away type shirts, cargo pants, and Wellco boots. I'm not doing elbow or knee pads.

I'm interested to see how many people are going with bipods, shooting sticks, shooting slings, and how many are just going to monopod or use unsupported positions on the 2-400 yard stuff. I'm a sling guy myself.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me:
14.5" AR with CompM4
Glock 19
US Grunt Gear Infidel belt
Mayflower Carrier
HSGI Taco's 3 rifle 2 pistol
Camelbak
Leatherman
IFAK
Dump pouch
Alta knee pads
Magnifier QD in a pouch

Wife:
16" AR with Trijicon ACOG
FNX 9mm
HSGI chest rig
Infidel belt
HSGI Taco's 3 rifle 3 pistol
Camelbak
Alta knee pads
Dump pouch

I prefer to run the chest rig my wife will be using, but she want's to play and I must abide.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom