Thunderbird Run 'n Gun Gear loadout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no specified type of reload. If you do tactical reloads, you will have to go back through the stage and pick up your mags after you clear the stage. This will come out of your run time. If you do retention reloads, they will be done on the clock during the shooting stage. You will have to figure out what you think the best strategy is. Keep in mind the last stage has you advancing 100 yards, engaging from 4 different positions on the way. If you drop mags on this one, you may have to go back a long way for them.

It will be interesting to see what strategies everybody uses!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bump. curious about everyone's water...is everyone running with a camelback?

I'm not. I will be hydrating before the event and carrying a small water bottle with 50/50 water gatorade mix to get me through.

On the reload topic...I'm still pondering that. I know there are a couple stages where reload is mandatory. I think I'll make those reloads with retention into a dump pouch. Any partials in the dump pouch will be used to top off remaining magazines while I move between stages.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're nuckin' futs! The only way I'm wearing armor is if someone drives me around in an up-armored HMMWV while I shoot from the turret.

Latest posts

Top Bottom