Thunderbird Run 'n Gun, July 13, 2013 -- do you have what it takes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Footwear and pants are up to you... it is typical Oklahoma countryside with some fairly thick woods with (that will likely be home to greenbriars, ticks, poison ivy, etc.), fields, pastures, creek beds, dirt and such. And remember we are going to make you crawl under stuff.

I guess it sort of comes down to how tough/masochistic you are... there is a Texan who runs the Pecos Run 'n Gun in a sarong and flip flops. And then there are some who see this more as a readiness exercise and are running in their 2A situation/TEOTWAWKI gear, even if they could get by with lighter, faster stuff.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Footwear and pants are up to you... it is typical Oklahoma countryside with some fairly thick woods with (that will likely be home to greenbriars, ticks, poison ivy, etc.), fields, pastures, creek beds, dirt and such. And remember we are going to make you crawl under stuff.

I guess it sort of comes down to how tough/masochistic you are... there is a Texan who runs the Pecos Run 'n Gun in a sarong and flip flops. And then there are some who see this more as a readiness exercise and are running in their 2A situation/TEOTWAWKI gear, even if they could get by with lighter, faster stuff.

I fall into the latter category myself. As cool as it would be to run a "tactical kilt", I think I'll stick with some BDU pants.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Henschman, thanks for clarifying the time/ chances for delays/ etc. Guess I'll be bringing water and MAY rethink running shorts. I'm a minimalist, going to trim any load to the absolute essentials.

Should be nice and warm! Remember folks, event hydration starts 1-2 days prior to an event. Even volume depletion or mild dehydration sucks.

htownfister

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll admit that I am pretty excited about this. I have only done one 3-gun in the past and that was a blast. Going to try and hit the range on the weekends to work on my long distance shooting some more.

Any one from the fort sill/lawton area participating?

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For any of you that are needing to get back into running, or want to be somewhat prepared for this event physically, I would suggest the "Couch to 5k" program. It's a good way to get back into running for those that have been out of the game for awhile.

Details can be found here:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

They also have an app for your smart phone that makes it real easy. Anyhow, good luck to all that enter this event.

Latest posts

Top Bottom