Thunderbird Run 'n Gun, July 13, 2013 -- do you have what it takes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darva

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of friends and myself personally interested in doing this event. Is it full yet? have you guys raised the sign up cap?
-oops- just saw the post above me!
thanks!

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have activated the wait list on our Eventbrite registration page. If you sign up, you will be automatically notified if any spots open up. We have already had a couple cancellations -- I imagine here will be more before it's all said and done.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to see something to back that up please- the second to the last sentence. Thanks

Looks like jakerz may have answered this quite well, but to recap- just drinking water/ weak electrolye solution (sports drinks) and eating foods that contain electrolytes and water for one meal doesn't saturate your tissues anywhere as well as doing it for a day or more. Best of all, if you're involved in any active sport- make a habit of staying well hydrated and get your electrolytes from food sources.

Urine color and odor can be a rough indicator of hydration status, but can be thrown off by transient volume overload or diuretics- chug a couple quarts of Gatoraid and drink a big cup of coffee= pale urine & big output, but it doesn't "prove" that you're hydrated. Urinalysis dipsticks are handy to detect the presence of Ketones (indicators of dehydrated metabolism) and specific gravity (of that specific sample only). I used to keep an envelope of them in my aid bag to triage who got IV fluids and who just needed to drink more.

Any distance runner, weight trainer or Combat Arms Soldier can attest to the perils of failing to maintain hydration or starting an event or training session dehydrated and trying to play catch up. It can be the start of a miserable day.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI, for those on the wait list, we have just had a couple cancellations -- it looks like two spots are open.

It's coming up soon -- I hope everybody has been running and has been able to find some ammo for practice!

Latest posts

Top Bottom