Ticks, chiggers, and skeeters. What works for you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely that time of year. I went out turkey season and got eaten alive by ticks for a few days. Went down and picked up some permethrin and soaked all my camo in it and hung it out to dry. Definitely had an odor for a while, but after a couple of days I couldn't smell it... not to say a deer couldn't. I did not get one single tick or chigger after that. Completely sold on the effectiveness. Not quite sure of harmful effects of it, but compared to some of the other things I do, probably quite minimal.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just spray on the outside, and it doesn't have to be very heavy. I read the MSDS sheet on it. Its ok to use in school cafeterias and restaurants, so I'm thinking its good to go.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried the permethrin from BP after reading about it here. I bought the pump bottles, not the aerosol, stuff exceeded my expectations!
I've treated all my "woods" clothes and boots with it, nothing but bite-free trips to the woods this year!

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A local advised me to buy those tags that they put on a cows ear. He said they are treated and I should tie one to my laces. Anybody try this before? I guess ill also be looking at some permethrin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom