Try This for ticks & chiggers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are some products that really work #1 PERMANONE tick repellent #2 DURANON tick repellet #3 PERMETHRIN insect repellent Spray ALL clothing the night BEFORE you go out boots,underware,hat etc. . This stuff really works. You can get it on line or maybe at Bass Pro

YakBasser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years Ago.....wont say how many, My Parents and Grand Parents used to get Sulphur Powder somewhere and cut it with Baby Powder. They'd make us put it in the top of our socks, and the waist band of our Breetches. Worked Really well, justa tad bit stinky.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are some products that really work #1 PERMANONE tick repellent #2 DURANON tick repellet #3 PERMETHRIN insect repellent Spray ALL clothing the night BEFORE you go out boots,underware,hat etc. . This stuff really works. You can get it on line or maybe at Bass Pro
I didn't see this before posting the same about permanone in the other chigger thread. Great stuff.

donokc

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
does this stuff smell? I know deer/hog hunter are pretty particular about the smell. I don't like the bug but don't want to spook the animal neither>

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been using the permethrin products for decades now, and have never had a problem with ticks/chiggers. I treat everything with it, my tent/hammock, occasionally I've treated my sleeping bag. Needless to say I like the stuff.

But with that said, its getting more and more expensive in the outdoor section of your favorite store... ~$10 per 12oz

I'm going to start using the concentrated offerings from the farm store (atwoods, Tractor Supply) ~$7 for the concentrated solution that makes 1.2gallons (150+ oz). Pour it into my now empty Sawyer brand Permethrin bottles and go crazy.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
does this stuff smell? I know deer/hog hunter are pretty particular about the smell. I don't like the bug but don't want to spook the animal neither>

no smell at all, once it is dry.

Very important that you dont spray it on your skin, so you have to treat your clothing/gear a few days ahead of time, it stays effective for weeks

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Permethrin sprays work great for ticks and chiggers, but costs a small fortune if you use it as much as I do.

If you want to save a bunch of money and get the same protection, go to Atwoods or Tractor Supply and buy 10% permethrin livestock spray concentrate and a spray bottle. Permanone is .5% permethrin, so mix 19 ounces of water with one ounce of the 10% concentrate and use it just like the expensive sprays.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/gordon-s-reg-permethrin-10-livestock-premise-spray-8-fl-oz--2212873#product_tabs

The 10% concentrate is $6.99 for 8 ounces at Tractor Supply, one bottle will make 160 ounces of spray.

I have been doing this for years and it works just as good as Permanone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom