ticks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always heard to light a match, blow it out and stick the hot tip on the tick and they will let go. Not sure if it works though cause ticks dont bother me.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive had a lot if ticks on me over the years and I've never done anything more than grab them as close to the skin as possible with tweezers and pulled them off...and washed the bite with soap and water.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive had a lot if ticks on me over the years and I've never done anything more than grab them as close to the skin as possible with tweezers and pulled them off...and washed the bite with soap and water.

This. One way that ticks transmit disease is by regurgitating into the wound. You know how to make 'em do that? Stick a hot match to its ass. Seriously, though: Grasp it as close to the skin as possible and pull straight out (don't twist). Wash with soap and water, then take an antihistamine for the itching and swelling.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think some ppl have more of a reaction than others. Ive delt with them my whole life. Just pull em off, itch a little n move on.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After a day in the field/woods, I just do a complete tick-check after coming home. They don't usually get very embedded in under 24 hours (nor do they spread disease in that time frame) so it's not that hard to just grab them and pull them off. Sometimes the head stays behind, but that's not a big deal. You can either let it fall off or pick it out, but if you dig it out you may just do more damage to your skin than it's worth.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Let's go preventative............get something with Permethrin in it. Just don't spray your cats with it.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to get them so bad along with chiggars that I would have to wear those flea and tick dog collars around the cuff of my pants at Boy scout summer camp. Biting bugs seem to love me though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom