ticks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have bad reactions to all arachnid bites. Ticks included, I'm one step away from just wearing a tyvek suit everywhere I go this year. I have had 7 tick bites and its miserable and I just pulled one off my stupid head trying to bite UGH its gross.

I just grab them and pull them off as soon as I find one. and try to remember to spray myself with off like i'm baptizing in it.

Heres a weird thing, when a tick bites my husband they die, because he takes blood pressure medication!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive had a lot if ticks on me over the years and I've never done anything more than grab them as close to the skin as possible with tweezers and pulled them off...and washed the bite with soap and water.

This ... if they hang on a little too tight for your tastes, soak a cotton ball in alcohol and hold it on the little bigger for a second. He'll turn right loose ...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This ... if they hang on a little too tight for your tastes, soak a cotton ball in alcohol and hold it on the little bigger for a second. He'll turn right loose ...
Years ago, I got into some seed ticks at my folks' house, and I'm pretty sure every last one of the teen-einsy little buggers got under the cuff of my socks. Some of my mom's fingernail polish remover on a cotton ball did a pretty good job of removing them.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago, I got into some seed ticks at my folks' house, and I'm pretty sure every last one of the teen-einsy little buggers got under the cuff of my socks. Some of my mom's fingernail polish remover on a cotton ball did a pretty good job of removing them.

Yeah, they don't like the fumes ... AT ALL ... :rotflmao: When GC came home from camping last month I had a great time with the little bastards he drug home with him ... :lookaroun WHAT?!? Simple minds are easily entertained ... :P

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This literally just happened to me. I am now sporting about 30 tick bites. I look delightful.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Seed ticks were bad in the Glenwood training annex north of Tinker. Whenever we'd go out there for training it was SOP to tuck our pants into our boots and then wrap the top of our boots with duct tape. That usually kept 'em out...that and prolific amounts of garlic pills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom