Ting Sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are with State Farm Home Owners insurance and recently received a notification we were eligible for a free Ting Sensor. A ting sensor plugs into a standard wall outlet and can sense any abnormal electrical problem in one's house or from the electrical grid. It does not listen to conversations, etc. We ordered one and have it plugged in. It is pretty slick. One has to download an app to their smart phone and have WIFI.

So far it is working great and if I understand correctly other insurance companies are offering it to their customers and I am thinking by installing this it (may) help keep our home owner's premium lower. (again may)

https://newsroom.statefarm.com/state-farm-offers-customers-more-than-one-million-free-ting-sensors/

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's probably so when your house burns down, they can blame the power company and refuse your claim lol
actually I think it can/could identify wiring issues before they develop into a fire - connections can come loose from expansion/contraction due to wires heating with load - if anything the insurance company appears to be sharing the responsibility a little.

Latest posts

Top Bottom