Today I learned that 'cracker' isn't offensive as long as it is used as a descriptor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just in case we start to overuse certain "descriptors", here is a database of slurs for referring to the white debils.

http://www.rsdb.org/race/whites.

Actually, that list surprisingly left one out. I've been called "poor white trash" before. At the time, I was just a teenager in high school and had no idea that it was supposed to be a negative, racial term.

As for crackers, although they are listed as a "snack" cracker, I prefer Cheez-Its.

Also, growing up in the Panhandle and around farmers and ranchers, I never heard of cattlemen using whips too much, so Brandi's comment is a little surprising to me. Teamsters with the "critter-pulled" wagons did use them and were proficient enough with them to use them as weapons against each other.

Otherwise, as mentioned before, it really irritates me that there are so many politically-correct folks out there telling others what it is that they should say, what things we don't "need" (like firearms with 30 round magazines), and generally trying to use any means to paint a negative picture of others. As far as I'm concerned, that's just as bad as using a racially negative term.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'll play, words like cracker, honky, Chuck, Whitbread, and Oreo ARE racist, but the person you are using them on have to know its a bad thing. A good example of this is the good old "dude". Where I grew up that was the worst verbal insult next to M.F.. Throw either of those out there and it was a fight! To this day when people say the "D" word to me I still react in the I'm going to try to kick the craps out of you. I know the young guys today don't mean it that way at all, but that is m paradigm. Now Honky Cracker, Chuck....well they don't mean a thing to me cause where i grew up there was no one to call me those names, but try Cabron or Culo....and thats like Dude. They are all ment bad, but it depends on Your background as to how bad you take it.

So Chuck is a derogatory term? Man that is not cool.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody heard of "flushing the quail"?

Go to a mall, walk down the aisle's and watch the minority kids, 4 abreast, seemingly unaware fail to see you, and make you dodge them.

I read a blog about this, from a black guy, (I don't have a link) several years ago. He did it when he was a kid.
When he finally matured and figured it out, he was embarrassed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I'll play, words like cracker, honky, Chuck, Whitbread, and Oreo ARE racist, but the person you are using them on have to know its a bad thing. A good example of this is the good old "dude". Where I grew up that was the worst verbal insult next to M.F.. Throw either of those out there and it was a fight! To this day when people say the "D" word to me I still react in the I'm going to try to kick the craps out of you. I know the young guys today don't mean it that way at all, but that is m paradigm. Now Honky Cracker, Chuck....well they don't mean a thing to me cause where i grew up there was no one to call me those names, but try Cabron or Culo....and thats like Dude. They are all ment bad, but it depends on Your background as to how bad you take it.

I worked with an electrician that worked in a prison doing upgrades as a contractor.
Mention the work Biatch, he would go nuts. That word in a prison had a definate connotation.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody heard of "flushing the quail"?

Go to a mall, walk down the aisle's and watch the minority kids, 4 abreast, seemingly unaware fail to see you, and make you dodge them.

↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

"We've made a lot of progress, but still have a long way to go." How many times do you hear that concerning race relations? "A long way to go"? Sometimes we need to ask ourselves just what that destination is, and why too many of us "crackers" are working towards it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom