Today I learned that 'cracker' isn't offensive as long as it is used as a descriptor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BroMalik

Marksman
Reaction score
This is some racist bulls**t. What are a few jokes compared to 400 years of slavery? You seriously upset by comedians making jokes after decades of discrimination, Jim Crow and lynchings? You seriously upset by a few jokes in a country where African-Americans are incarcerated at a much higher rate than white Americans for the same crimes? You seriously upset by a few jokes when there has been a cultural genocide perpetrated on the Black man in America?

This some weak bulls**t. You should educate yourselves and open your eyes and see the reasons behind the crime and despair. Then ask yourselves who benefits from it?

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is some racist bulls**t. What are a few jokes compared to 400 years of slavery? You seriously upset by comedians making jokes after decades of discrimination, Jim Crow and lynchings? You seriously upset by a few jokes in a country where African-Americans are incarcerated at a much higher rate than white Americans for the same crimes? You seriously upset by a few jokes when there has been a cultural genocide perpetrated on the Black man in America?

This some weak bulls**t. You should educate yourselves and open your eyes and see the reasons behind the crime and despair. Then ask yourselves who benefits from it?

As bad as all that was, the period of entitlement is over. We owe nothing. There has been slavery in virtually every culture throughout history and not a single one ever ended it and made the progress that America has made in the time we did it. Plus, black people conveniently forget that way more white people died to end slavery than did black.
I would never try to justify slavery, but at the same time in the long run, black Americans have it far better than their cousins in Africa who are lucky if they even live to be 30 years old.

Call me a racist if you want, but I don't owe anybody anything and I don't feel a bit guilty. Just get over it and move forward.

BroMalik

Marksman
Reaction score
Just get over it? That's some straight up BS. You don't believe white America bears any responsibility for the poverty and hopelessness the Black man suffers with daily? You don't believe that some form of reparations or entitlement should occur to bring us to a level playing field pertaining to opportunity for economic advancement?

There's more to Black America than rappers, pimps, and Tyler Perry. There are great men trying to protect their community from the cultural genocide perpetrated on a daily basis.

Until what America addresses its past and the debt it owes there will never be justice. No justice, no peace.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just get over it? That's some straight up BS. You don't believe white America bears any responsibility for the poverty and hopelessness the Black man suffers with daily? You don't believe that some form of reparations or entitlement should occur to bring us to a level playing field pertaining to opportunity for economic advancement?

There's more to Black America than rappers, pimps, and Tyler Perry. There are great men trying to protect their community from the cultural genocide perpetrated on a daily basis.

Until what America addresses its past and the debt it owes there will never be justice. No justice, no peace.

Those who bear responsibility for the position blacks find themselves in are the politicians they elect and the attitude of entitlement they have been given by those politicians over the years. Want change? Change the voting patterns. Fact is, democrats don't want to improve the life of blacks. They don't want too many of them to move into the middle class and lose that dependence of government. If that actually happened, then they might start voting with their pocketbooks instead of voting for whoever promises the most entitlements. And as long as that vote is locked in the way it is, why should either party give a crap about the black vote? Republicans can NEVER do anything to win that vote and as long as they give it some lip service, democrats can never lose it.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just get over it? That's some straight up BS. You don't believe white America bears any responsibility for the poverty and hopelessness the Black man suffers with daily? You don't believe that some form of reparations or entitlement should occur to bring us to a level playing field pertaining to opportunity for economic advancement?There's more to Black America than rappers, pimps, and Tyler Perry. There are great men trying to protect their community from the cultural genocide perpetrated on a daily basis.

No. No one owes them anything for things that happened years ago. If anything the black leaders of this country should be encouraging them to shake off the entitlement mentality.

We have millions of illegal aliens in this country allegedly doing jobs that no one wants. Yet we have millions of out-of-work negros collecting welfare benefits instead of working. There is a gigantic disconnect going on here. Instead of our society enabling them to continue on in this crab mentality we should be encouraging them to get out.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Personally, I think your full of it and an instigator.
Reparations, they were brought from a 3rd world country, life here is much better...learn to live it, and make the most of it, stop crying wolf!!!

.That goes for the Natives also, Some...some.. are just lazy and dont want to make theyre lives better, but ...They were here first, (I think theyre not owed anything either,sorry like all the rest you get what you work for, or what you get from others).

.I wont start with the ...Undocumented?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked with an electrician that worked in a prison doing upgrades as a contractor.
Mention the work Biatch, he would go nuts. That word in a prison had a definate connotation.
Its the same as punk. I call my kids punks same as my dad did to us, but buddies I have who are ex-cons I would not because it means something totally different to them.

I am native American, indian, whatever, and French on my mommas side and my dad came from Scottish peeps on his daddys side and Irish on his mommas. My over 1/4 indian blood does not save me from sunburns, so my light white-toast'y light brown-red skin does get a little red in the summer time. I am not one bit upset with Washington calling their team 'Redskins'.

Summers between my highschool years I would go stay in LA with my next older sister at her Hermosa Beach place. I made friends with a black bass player while working at LA Guitar Center. He lived in the Compton, Watts area and I gave him rides home sometimes and went in and 'socialized' a little. I went over to his apartment one afternoon to pick him up for work. Once I was out of the car and walking through the courtyard of the complex I realized that it was the first time I had been there without him with me. From somewhere, some window, some little dude yelled out "Polly wanna cracker". When I told my buddy about it he said it was just the kids warning the other kids that a 'cracker' or white dude was walking thru. Mostly because it didnt happen very often in that neighborhood. Cracker? Me, a cracker? I swear to the Buddha that I had never before heard that term associated with myself. I had heard it before but I was not raised in the deep south of the US, more the deep south of California, so it never got around where I lived at. I had been called whitebread, honky, even whitetrash, but never a cracker. I also apparently was oblivious to being in a 'bad area' for white folks, because I grew up pretty poor in San Diego in a residential area/neighborhood that was a soup mix of whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, whatever and Compton just looked like where I came from. The commmon denominator was that we were all from poor households, so everyone pretty much got along ok because our class status was neutralized by our economic situation. I continued to go visit with my friend anyways and even dated his younger sister for about a year.

I guess with my skin tone Im more of a Ritz colored cr#*ker.

Latest posts

Top Bottom