Top DHS checkpoint refusals - Very good guidance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please show the proper respect for those employed by the government. Some of you guys act like we could function without all this supervision and regulation. Disgusting.

We could function just fine without most of the supervision and regulation, but it's a large leap from that to labelling all government employees as parasites that contribute nothing to society.

You want to call me and the other Fed/State/local government employees on this forum out? Then do it directly...most of us would agree with you that things can be done better/smarter. But most of us work hard for the modest money we earn, and the work we do is not overhead...it directly impacts the citizens we serve.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't realize I was "calling you out".....I guess if I believe I can manage my own affairs, and see guvmint wasting my tax dollars, (money taken out of my paycheck at threat of prison or violence) - then I am not properly appreciating those who work hard and take that guvmint paycheck.

I know plenty of good guys who are cops, soldiers, etc...
They would be good guys if they worked for the private sector also.

I hope they get that opportunity one day.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't realize I was "calling you out".....I guess if I believe I can manage my own affairs, and see guvmint wasting my tax dollars, (money taken out of my paycheck at threat of prison or violence) - then I am not properly appreciating those who work hard and take that guvmint paycheck.

I know plenty of good guys who are cops, soldiers, etc...
They would be good guys if they worked for the private sector also.

I hope they get that opportunity one day.

Maybe they had/have that opportunity and decide to continue serving...

I don't give a sh$t if you "properly appreciate" us or not but when you throw in with those who label us parasites who don't contribute to society, you are calling us out.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you work for Widget, Inc. - they choose to provide you with an income for your services. If they want to spend they're money for that, and you agree, so be it. If at some point in time you or Widget decide to end this agreement, payment and services are stopped.

Every payday, a portion of my earnings are extracted, by force to employ people, support people and projects that I may or may not wish to spend the money I earned on. Because force is used to extract said money, there truly is no limit on the amount extracted, which guarantees an income/support for those beneficiaries described.

I did not call you a parasite, you lumped me in with someone else who made that remark. I have no idea what you do, or if you are a good employee or not. You may in fact be nothing short of heroic. Your paycheck is, however, extracted from wage earners by force.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you work for Widget, Inc. - they choose to provide you with an income for your services. If they want to spend they're money for that, and you agree, so be it. If at some point in time you or Widget decide to end this agreement, payment and services are stopped.

Every payday, a portion of my earnings are extracted, by force to employ people, support people and projects that I may or may not wish to spend the money I earned on. Because force is used to extract said money, there truly is no limit on the amount extracted, which guarantees an income/support for those beneficiaries described.

I did not call you a parasite, you lumped me in with someone else who made that remark. I have no idea what you do, or if you are a good employee or not. You may in fact be nothing short of heroic. Your paycheck is, however, extracted from wage earners by force.

Dude! Sounds like you need to move to a deserted island ASAP, so that doesn't happen to you anymore! :D

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude! Sounds like you need to move to a deserted island ASAP, so that doesn't happen to you anymore! :D

Doesn't sound too bad. But think about this: would the founders of this country, and those who fought for independence approve of our current process of confiscating earnings?

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cost of running the government was, in fact, raised by tariffs from international trade; my recollection from book learning was that government was never intended to be so huge that it soaked up a huge chunk of GDP. I don't really want to get into this pissin contest but I do believe the Framers would have been horrified had they been able to view the results of their work.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't sound too bad. But think about this: would the founders of this country, and those who fought for independence approve of our current process of confiscating earnings?

I would bet not. I don't approve of it either...in fact, it pisses me off to no end living under the illegal-tax-you-for-any-frigging-thing-they-desire "tax" structure we are.
That being said, rather than talk S#@T toward those employed by entities supported by said "taxes" - change things. I would also bet there are MANY govt employees, fed, state and local that aren't too damn happy about their taxes either. :twocents:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would bet not. I don't approve of it either...in fact, it pisses me off to no end living under the illegal-tax-you-for-any-frigging-thing-they-desire "tax" structure we are.
That being said, rather than talk S#@T toward those employed by entities supported by said "taxes" - change things. I would also bet there are MANY govt employees, fed, state and local that aren't too damn happy about their taxes either. :twocents:

Amen. I would go even farther and repeat what I've said here before: I think my agency should be put on the chopping block and farmed out to/funded by the airline industry, airports, and the flying public, leaving a small shell to enforce technical standards and safety.

If that day comes I'll gladly change roles. Until then, I will keep doing my relevant, beneficial, and necessary work...and paying my taxes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom