Tough Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny that you call it a doe problem. I would think of them as not a problem, but a positive incentive to keep bucks around or to lure bucks in.
You want does to lure bucks in. But if your entire region has a buck to doe ratio of 46 does to every buck like our area does, the big buck on the neighbors place will never need to venture to mine because he has enough does to keep him busy.
If we had 1-1, the big buck would wander all over the place looking for another doe and it might take him past my stand.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This s.o.b showed up on camera around midnight on Saturday, and I haven't found anyone who will claim him yet. If he hangs around until the weekend, I may be bringing home some certified angus beef.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 128

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Swing by and pick me up. We'll quarter that sucker out and protect your feeders.

Well, I found the bull's owner, and it's my cousin whose place is about 3/4 of a mile east of mine. He's been looking for him and couldn't believe I'd found him.

He should be easy to catch, since he's been laying in the shade under this feeder for almost 3 hours.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 150

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I found the bull's owner, and it's my cousin whose place is about 3/4 of a mile east of mine. He's been looking for him and couldn't believe I'd found him.

He should be easy to catch, since he's been laying in the shade under this feeder for almost 3 hours.

Ha ha did you send your cousin the picture with the GPS coordinates?

Latest posts

Top Bottom