Trace McWhirt Benefit Steel Match July 24th at USSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steel match 5 total stages.
Shot gun side match 1 stage
If there is intrest in a long range timed hits side match we will need RO as well. We could make that 15 seconds semi auto. 60 sec bolt guns. 50/50 $5 a run
So maybe 14 to 16 RO's

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are going to have door prizes, raffles, and a silent auction, along with the match/blood drive. If you shoot the match then donate blood I will give you money back from match fee. There will be pistols, shotguns and AR lowers in the raffle. We need someone to donate fishing gear to gift to Trace.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
John and I were talking about a long range match with 3 classes C&R Bolt iron sights, Modern Bolt Optics, & Semi Auto. Something along the lines of $5 to shoot with the goal to place as many rounds on steel as possible in a specified time.

C&R Bolt 1 Minute
Modern Bolt 30 seconds
Semi Auto 15 seconds

Give us some input.

I guess we could throw in two classes for semi auto, one for optics and one for iron sights.

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have Had a ton of donations so far and this is the first week. My thanks to everone helping out. Some new info for this thread will be posted soon. When the match gets 2 weeks away I will post up rules for the matchs. Course designs. Prize list, and raffle, silent auction items. And any other info.

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I meet Trace and his Momma and little brother at the range yesterday. I brought 500 rds of 9mm and we tore up the steel targets with full auto suppressed AR and my suppressed m10 and my glock. It was worth ever round to see how much this family enjoyed the outing. The range Master had tent and chairs ready targets painted every thing was perfect. I was very impressed with this whole family. They are positive and upbeat and smiling the whole time. Trace was only out of the hospitol for 2-3 hours when they showed up. I only wish that if I could have the strenght and attitude that this entire family does if I was facing the battle they are. If you didnt know that he had Leukemia you couldnt tell. He is wanting to compete in the match on the 24 of July and I am excited. Another thing about Trace is he is extremely safe with his weapon, he was working the saftey on the AR checking the chamber, loading and unloading the glock and doing head shots on the plates and rocking the poppers. I left with a better outlook on my own life after 2 hours with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom