Tree Shears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking at a tree shear for the front end loader on my tractor. Does anyone have any experience with the ones built by Wolff Mfg in Cushing, OK?

I know this is a long shot, but I thought I'd ask.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, those are shears.

There are some out there that have roller blades to cut the cedars. They just move up to the tree and hit the throttle, and the tree comes down.

FYI, the models that are used on ATV's can be hazardous to hour health if not properly adjusted.

My buddy put one on his Polaris 500 ATV. Didn't have it adjusted right, and it took him over the handlebars, face first. He wasn't pretty for awhile.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I call the roller blades models "shredders", and around here, they are typically mounted on skid steers. I really want something I can mount to the front end loader of my cab tractor to utilize the equipment I already have. The local Kubota dealer has a shredder mounted on a skid steer, and they want $80k for it. If I bought that, I would have to go into the land clearing business.

I've been emailing Mr Wolff tonight, and he sells direct to the public and priced the base model right at $4k. My Dad paid a guy almost $20k a few years ago to cut and pile cedars on another 360 acre place we had. I'd rather buy a shear and do it myself a little at a time instead of paying someone else.

I'm going to call Mr Wolff in the morning to get the particulars, and I'll let ya'll know what I find out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom