Mound removal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No not that kind you perverts!

Anyone close to Edmond have a small tractor with a front end loader, Box blade or dozer blade?

I have finally given up on trying to shovel that pile of dirt in the backyard. Between shoveling some and weed eating it every time I mow the thing is getting the best of me. I need it gone and if I can find someone close that is cheap, I will rake up the money somehow, or trade a really nice sword. Project will not take long at all I do not think. Maybe half hour.

Let me know if you can help.

Thanks, Rick

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’ll take more time to load and unload the tractor than it would to move the mound of dirt. I bet someone one here will do it for you free of charge. If I was near you I would no problem.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’ll take more time to load and unload the tractor than it would to move the mound of dirt. I bet someone one here will do it for you free of charge. If I was near you I would no problem.
I do not expect somebody to load his tractor, drive over here, unload, push down that hill and maybe spread it just a little, then load back up for nothing. I need to pay something.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not expect somebody to load his tractor, drive over here, unload, push down that hill and maybe spread it just a little, then load back up for nothing. I need to pay something.
That’s precisely why if I were close I would do it for free and I know someone else will. Community man, what it’s all about

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. Please post some pics of said mound and where you'd want the dirt spread. What is access for a tractor like? Width?
Double chain link gate. I will measure tomorrow but I think 10 foot or a little better. I will get some pics tomorrow too but I will have to take them on my crappy old camera as the wife will be gone.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK here are a couple pics. Mound is hard to make out under all those weeds but is a few inches tall on the close side, about 2-1/2 feet on the back side. (just guessimating) What I need is it scattered along the fence as close as can easily be done. I can rake it the rest of the way. Trying to build up close to the fence so it is a little more level when I mow. Gate is a little under 10 foot wide.

Having a retaining wall built and the yard leveled is #4 on my list when I win the lotto. :lmfao:

Mound 1.jpg

Mound 2.jpg

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NO NO NO Do not put that dirt up against the pickets on the fence.
It will attract earwigs and ants and beetles and termites to lunch and a home for them and next thing you will need is fence rebuilt.

I had a renter pile dirt against my fence and I reamed him for it. I had my fence on bricks.
Put fence on concrete or bricks off the ground.

You must have a better place to spread that dirt.

If you want to raise the back yard then raise the fence.
I do not want to hear you say in 3 years I need fence on this forum.

:)
That is the nicest way I can say it.
I love a nice wood fence and they can last 20+ years even cheap pine if you do not dirt them in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom