• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Tree Trimmer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Looking for a good, reliable, fair priced tree service to trim some trees for my 86 year old dad in Norman. The last one he used were worthless lying pieces of crap. Also, does anyone know if the trunk of the city is on city easement in Norman is the city responsible for trimming it back?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
If it gets on your property line you can trim it.
If there are power lines overhead you can call and a work order will be issued and the electric company will trim it out if they feel it is unsafe anyway.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
If it is hanging out in the street maybe.
This sometimes works.

Tree on city property, hanging over in your yard.
You can call the city and say I am afraid to let my grand kids play in the yard because I am worried limbs will fall on them from this tree on city property.

Can you guys trim it or cut it down so my grand kids will be safer.
END.

I kid you not when you call the city and mention safety of children things get done.

Tall grass issues not getting mowed by city or other owners.
Mention mosquitos and rats and children and that work order becomes a P1.

Priority 1.

Call the city and usually a female picks up the phone and if you talk nice and sweet and caring and caring for the safety of the child you may be surprised at the results you get.

Been there done that.
:)

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dont know about Norman but we have a city ordance that the property owner has to keep trees trimmed 15 ft above roadway and 8 ft above sidewalk but the city does occasionally go around different areas of town trimming, so put a call into the public works or street dept and see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom