Tri City Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah! I can't join until July?

*sigh*

I'd get a lot more time in with my pistol if I didn't have to go to OKC to shoot.

Well.. when the new range opens in Norman later this month, I'll probably be there once a week or so.

There's a new indoor range opening anytime at I-35 and Indian Hills Rd. It's on the east side of I-35.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
XD-9 Guy said:
One day a month seems a little odd if they want to grow their membership.
As opposed to the once a year at OKC Gunclub (which has a really, really nice facility.

Tri-City is a great group. Go to their web site, pull the secretary's ph number and give him a call. They will work with you on becoming a member if your schedule precludes going to the Friday evening meeting.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is once per year - not per month. You have to attend orientation once every year. Not a big deal IMO. I'm the same way - I am waaay too busy with work and school to attend a monthly meeting. Pay your $110, join NRA (which, come on, really? You mean you aren't a lifetime member already? :P ), bring your range rules and badge with you whenever you're there, and you're good to go! :)

I am a brand new member - joined up a few months ago. It is definitely worth it if you live in Norman. About a 5 minute drive for me from my apt to the range. I am 100% satisfied with my $110 investment. I was hesitant at first, as I have been a H&H blue card member for the last 2 years or so, but this is without a doubt the best way to go IMO for Norman/Moore residents. And the shotgun range has opened up a whole new frontier for me. Skeet baby! :)

Compared to Banner - and I like Banner, don't get me wrong, but IMO, the TCGC range is cleaner, the people are friendlier, IMO safer because no joe blow can just walk on range with $8 - Anyone that is there is either a member or a guest of a member. Every person I have met has been extremely friendly, safe, respectful, professional, and just straight up fun to interact with.

Since a membership is required, there has been plenty of space and room and quiet every time I've gone out. No lines, no rush, no crowds, no plethora of people who may or may not have any idea about proper gun safety. (There have been times in the past where I have been at both Banner and H&H that have made my hair almost stand on end.) There is just a different kind of person at a range that requires a membership. I think you will like it. I have no regrets. The fact that you can shoot skeet, 200yds, 25 yds, soon 80yds, shotguns, rifles, pistols, etc - there is just no reason to go anywhere else if you live here in Sooner Town or Moore. ;)

Deacon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there for the orientation last weekend as well. I like the focus on safety and no-tolerance attitude. It weeds out the stupid somewhat.

YES you can join any month in the year, HOWEVER, all memberships renew in january. You pay full price to join in July, then pay full price again at the end of the year. Would have been nice if we were apprised of that prior to writing out the check.

Caveat emptor.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No... it's just frustrating that I find out about this club just a couple days after the only opportunity to join for a month.

I have a handgun that I desperately need experience shooting, and no place to use it unless I drive 1/2 hour up into OKC. This means... basically... I very rarely shoot.

I'd love to join... I'm just frustrated that I can't.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless something comes up, I should be going out there sometime this weekend. Saturday is a work day for working members, so I'm not sure which ranges will be open, but sunday should be good to go. You are more than welcome to come out with me and see what you think of the place.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless something comes up, I should be going out there sometime this weekend. Saturday is a work day for working members, so I'm not sure which ranges will be open, but sunday should be good to go. You are more than welcome to come out with me and see what you think of the place.

Really? I would LOVE that.

How can I work out a time with you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom