Trijicon is getting it's rear kicked...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two RMR type sights and they both have the solar charging as well as the auto adjustment. I thought something was wrong with it when I first got it because the dot kept changing intensity when I would go into dark rooms and then light rooms. lol. Then I read the manual and found out why it was doing it. It actually worked. I just prefer to set my dot myself and keep it at that intensity. Mine also has batteries. So it can run off batteries or solar.
Unless I’m missing a new release of the RMR…. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only pistol MRDS I have is a Holosun 507C. I've been happy with it so far. It was bought for it's features, not because of price. There was a good selection of Trijicon RMR sites available at the shop where I purchased the Holosun. I'd like to buy American myself, but I also dislike paying nearly twice as much for outdated products. Remove the optic to change the battery? Give me a break.

Since I've seen Toyota being discussed, we should understand how the Japanese automakers came to their place in today's market. They got there by offering a good quality product at a better price than the American competition. American automakers in the '70's and '80's kept doing what they had been doing and not taking the foreign competition seriously. They were convinced that people would never abandon American made cars and they could crank out products that were more cheaply made, less reliable, and with less technological advancement. There was always a segment of the market they would never lose, but it did shrink a lot as time went on. Trijicon could learn from Detroit's experience, or they could be left behind.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Japs kicked our rear in autos and everything else because Dr. Demming who was the father of total quality systems was laughed out of American industry and embraced like a god by the Asians. If Amerians (Brandons term not mine) would put the attention to detail in their consumer products that they do in their tiktoks, this would be a whole nother country.

One company I worked for tried to lay their boneheaded lack of attention to detail off on a Korean supplier and got it shoved up their rear end. The Sorks had inspection documentation beyond comprehension as well as video of the entire inspection process in hi def. Until we decide to become makers rather than simply consumers, consumptive jingoism is just a dry hand job.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Faster target acquisition and more accurate is the theory. Personally I think it’s the future for most firearms.
I get the target acquisition part, but for me, a “carry” is supposed to be readily concealable. Having an additional “pimple” on top of the slide just makes that more difficult. I put a Doctor Optic red dot on a Glock 19 15+ years ago before the cool kids were doing it, and it definitely didn’t work for me (concealability wise). You’re not likely to find a smaller red dot than the Doctor.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get the target acquisition part, but for me, a “carry” is supposed to be readily concealable. Having an additional “pimple” on top of the slide just makes that more difficult. I put a Doctor Optic red dot on a Glock 19 15+ years ago before the cool kids were doing it, and it definitely didn’t work for me (concealability wise). You’re not likely to find a smaller red dot than the Doctor.

Has nothing to do with being cool, there's a significant functional difference. Most of the RDS out there are quite a bit more concealable than the old docter optics. Times have changed quite a bit since then.