Trijicon is getting it's rear kicked...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with being cool, there's a significant functional difference. Most of the RDS out there are quite a bit more concealable than the old docter optics. Times have changed quite a bit since then.
I find that hard to believe. The Doctor is tiny.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You said 15 years ago, so which docter were you referring to? and more importantly, how was it mounted? They didn't do sight cuts or plates back then. Huge difference. How does it compare to the Holosun K series or even RMRcc?

Either way, at the end of the day I'm not sure why someone would have an issue concealing one with a good holster or especially AIWB. Hell, there's a very large man that sells great holsters here in Oklahoma that carries a full size platform AIWB with no issues and makes videos about it. So anything is possible. I have a Holosun K on a 365xl and either AIWB or @ 3:00 I have no issues. Seemingly a LOT of people carry larger platform with a RDS with no issues.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This tiny?
That 507K is actually thinner than the G19 slide it sits on (by a tiny bit). It conceals just as easily as the 19.3 I have without an optic, because the optic sits barely above the beltline.

G19.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure where the mount is right now, but it was a base that replaces the rear sight on a Glock slide. The base was barely off the top of the slide.
Yeah, those days are long gone. The new gen are buried into the slide, with most being forward of the rear sight. That significantly reduces the "print" under concealment garments and have a much lower height over bore.

There's a new one coming out soon that will sit even lower, to the point standard iron sights will co-witness through the optic:

SHOT-2020-396-600x450.jpg