Trijicon is getting it's rear kicked...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You said 15 years ago, so which docter were you referring to? and more importantly, how was it mounted? They didn't do sight cuts or plates back then. Huge difference. How does it compare to the Holosun K series or even RMRcc?

Either way, at the end of the day I'm not sure why someone would have an issue concealing one with a good holster or especially AIWB. Hell, there's a very large man that sells great holsters here in Oklahoma that carries a full size platform AIWB with no issues and makes videos about it. So anything is possible. I have a Holosun K on a 365xl and either AIWB or @ 3:00 I have no issues. Seemingly a LOT of people carry larger platform with a RDS with no issues.

Not trying to be d!ck here, but there was at least one guy with a milled slide running a Trijicon MRDS optic on a Glock as far back as 2008.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not trying to be d!ck here, but there was at least one guy with a milled slide running a Trijicon MRDS optic on a Glock as far back as 2008.

Which would be relevant to the conversation if he owned it. The point remains that RDS platforms are easily concealable in modern times. Previously? Not so much. The one off Glock is neat though. :D

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which would be relevant to the conversation if he owned it. The point remains that RDS platforms are easily concealable in modern times. Previously? Not so much. The one off Glock is neat though. :D

Except that Dave mentioned that Kelly McCann was running a Doctor optic on his Glock 19 at some point in the 90s and I’d bet he was concealing it, too.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Except that Dave mentioned that Kelly McCann was running a Doctor optic on his Glock 19 at some point in the 90s and I’d bet he was concealing it, too.

I'm lost on what you're trying to provide? Someone said these weren't very concealable and he was not using a sight cut, which would add significant height.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm lost on what you're trying to provide? Someone said these weren't very concealable and he was not using a sight cut, which would add significant height.

Sorry, I came into the conversation part way. I think the ability to be concealed is subjective. Like the difference between concealing a j-frame or a 5” 1911, or the difference between AIWB and the 4:30 position. People are going to have feelings about what makes them concealable or difficult to conceal. I don’t necessarily think that the size of red dots and the mounting options available 15+ years made those optics significantly more difficult to conceal than the dot sights of today is my point. The sights today are definitely better, as are the mounting options and holsters; but I do believe that we could split hairs when discussing which is more concealable a modern RDO or those from the not so distant past. I’m glad to see that innovation and improvement is continuing to take place.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I came into the conversation part way. I think the ability to be concealed is subjective. Like the difference between concealing a j-frame or a 5” 1911, or the difference between AIWB and the 4:30 position. People are going to have feelings about what makes them concealable or difficult to conceal. I don’t necessarily think that the size of red dots and the mounting options available 15+ years made those optics significantly more difficult to conceal than the dot sights of today is my point. The sights today are definitely better, as are the mounting options and holsters; but I do believe that we could split hairs when discussing which is more concealable a modern RDO or those from the not so distant past. I’m glad to see that innovation and improvement is continuing to take place.

We have to consider the reality of the market in lieu of what you or I believe. If these weren't more concealable currently, relative to "back then," then nobody would be concealing them relative to previous times. 15+ years ago or whatever, the typical mounting system of plates inside a factory sight cut was somewhat inhibitory and I'm not the only one to believe that. Was there one guy out there that cut a slide like it should be? Seems like there was, but that wasn't the norm, otherwise you'd have seen them everywhere.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may have to order a gun to fit one of these.
Primary arms has a sale right now. 12%. Coupon code (save12). I basically just got my 508 for the price of a 507.

I got one of the PSA daggers that already has the slide RMR cut out for it plus suppressor height tritium night sights and a threaded barrel. In case you’re not familiar with them they are basically Palmetto State Armory’s version of a Glock GEN 3. For about four bills I couldn’t pass that up.

This is going to be my wannabe hush puppy gun.