Trust ? Will you take the vaccine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My wife is an RN and gets her second dose Wednesday. She was pretty sore at the injection sight and really tired the next day. We’ll see if she has the same conditions Thursday.
Another nurse is 26,healthy, eats right, runs etc. she was out for a month with the virus and really took its toll. After her 1st shot, she ran a fever and was having a little trouble breathing. Said it was almost like having the virus again for about 4 days. She’s going to get her second dose Thursday and is a little hesitant which is understandable.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You can get the antibody test without donating blood. Unknown if they automatically test for it when donating, but it makes sense. Also, if you had covid, the antibody protection is time-limited. So, you could have had covid & still show negative for the antibody test

OBI does test with each donation.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My wife had the Pfizer a couple a few weeks ago, and I had the Moderna last Thursday. I had a sore shoulder for a day, she did for a couple of days. Other than a third testicle starting to appear, I've had no side effects......................................

Edit, and now that I've had the vaccine I can no longer donate convalescent plasma.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to change the subject, but I really want an antibody test to see if I actually had it or not. I've heard if you donate blood, they automatically test for antibodies and will give you the results, anyone know if that's true or maybe I misunderstood?

I donated blood in July and they did an antibody test.
It was an additional form I had to sign to "let" them do the test.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife is an RN and gets her second dose Wednesday. She was pretty sore at the injection sight and really tired the next day. We’ll see if she has the same conditions Thursday.
Another nurse is 26,healthy, eats right, runs etc. she was out for a month with the virus and really took its toll. After her 1st shot, she ran a fever and was having a little trouble breathing. Said it was almost like having the virus again for about 4 days. She’s going to get her second dose Thursday and is a little hesitant which is understandable.

i’ve heard that too about getting the vaccine after recovering from covid.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The flu story is a very common coincidence, but you can’t get the flu from the flu shot. It’s impossible for the shot to transmit the flu. If someone gets sick with a virus after getting the shot, they would have gotten sick anyway. I would trust my doc for vaccine advice.

You don't get the flu from it, but you can have a reaction that mimics flu like symptoms.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to change the subject, but I really want an antibody test to see if I actually had it or not. I've heard if you donate blood, they automatically test for antibodies and will give you the results, anyone know if that's true or maybe I misunderstood?
From what I understand if you donate blood they do an antibody test for free. If you have antibodies they will ask you to donate plasma.
My doctor ordered me an antibody test and it was negative. Funny thing was all the listed exceptions on the test as to why it might not be accurate like false neg/pos results. After reading them it seemed like a useless test.

Latest posts

Top Bottom