Trying to get a letter to carry on campus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljb2of3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TU got a new president... Since he is from Texas and was previously dean of an engineering school, I'm hoping he will think more logically than the previous administration and be willing to allow CCW on campus. Here is the letter I'm going to send him. Any thoughts?

President Orsak,

I am writing today to request permission to carry a concealed handgun on campus for the purpose of self-defense.

As the recent events in Colorado have shown, danger can strike at any time and despite being only minutes away, security or the police cannot provide protection. The neighborhoods around campus are not the best; especially to the north and west. I have heard gunshots while walking across campus on multiple occasions. I provide computer support by day and often work with the theater department after hours. As a result of both of these positions I often find myself working alone at odd hours.

I have an Oklahoma Concealed Weapon License as defined by the Oklahoma Self Defense Act. The Oklahoma Self Defense Act, in Title 21 Section 1277 Subsection D Part 3, allows licensed individuals to carry a handgun on university property authorized by the written consent of the university president. I am asking for that letter of consent. I can be reached by email at [email protected] or phone at (918) 631-xxxx.

Sincerely,

ljb2of3

R

RyanSixer

I say go for it. He might even think you've got real desire to protect yourself and the rest of the people on campus and promote you to Vice Dean of TU. Or maybe, you'll get to carry.

Good luck!

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might be a good idea to remind him that history has proven that "active shooters" prefer unarmed victims and that the vast majority of mass shootings occur in "gun free" zones. Criminals do not care about laws or silly signs...
If you've had any training beyond the concealed carry course, it might help to include that documentation as well.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TU got a new president... Since he is from Texas and was previously dean of an engineering school, I'm hoping he will think more logically than the previous administration and be willing to allow CCW on campus. Here is the letter I'm going to send him. Any thoughts?

I would Strongly encourage you to list any Professional Firearm Training you have had, and if you have not had any go get some!!! There are several Very good schools in OK. Also if you have any LEO friends that would vouch for you in writing would be good as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom