Tulsa Area FFL transfers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for your response Daryl. The last time I did this from Colorado to another state I was made to understand in no uncertain terms it is federally illegal for a non-FFL to ship it to another FFL (and the receiving FFL can't override the law)....... Hoping they were wrong. It would make it a lot easier for me to do it. But I don't want the feds on top of me so guess I'll so some more research. Thanks again!

A few months ago, I bought a pistol from someone in another state. The seller (non ffl) shipped it to a ffl here. Didn't have any issues. You might try asking, but it looks like reddog1 can handle it if you're more comfortable going that way.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for your response Daryl. The last time I did this from Colorado to another state I was made to understand in no uncertain terms it is federally illegal for a non-FFL to ship it to another FFL (and the receiving FFL can't override the law)....... Hoping they were wrong. It would make it a lot easier for me to do it. But I don't want the feds on top of me so guess I'll so some more research. Thanks again!

That is incorrect. A non-licensed person may ship a firearm to an FFL via Fedex or UPS, but not USPS. Truth be known, the receiving FFL does not need any identification from the shipper to process the firearm, however, most will not do so.

A non-licensed individual may not ship a firearm across state lines to another non-licensed individual.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is incorrect. A non-licensed person may ship a firearm to an FFL via Fedex or UPS, but not USPS. Truth be known, the receiving FFL does not need any identification from the shipper to process the firearm, however, most will not do so.

A non-licensed individual may not ship a firearm across state lines to another non-licensed individual.

An individual CAN ship a long gun to an FFL only VIA USPS, or any firearm to an FFL using FedEx or UPS

Latest posts

Top Bottom