Tulsa police chief against open-carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

ldmtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read that also.. He does not provide any real detail. Seems like some of the lame excuses we heard last year. Says he is concerned for his officers -- if they see a person open carrying, they have to worry is this guy legal or not. How many of the bg's are going to run around open carrying? I would think that if an officer can see a weapon on a person he/she would be better off than not seeing one that is concealed.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read that also.. He does not provide any real detail. Seems like some of the lame excuses we heard last year. Says he is concerned for his officers -- if they see a person open carrying, they have to worry is this guy legal or not. How many of the bg's are going to run around open carrying? I would think that if an officer can see a weapon on a person he/she would be better off than not seeing one that is concealed.

This is the whole problem right here. "A man with a gun" has already been labeled as a bad guy by the media and others. One thing I like about open carry is that it would force everyone to get used to normal people carrying a gun and the world not ending as they know it.

I am for open carry, but would likely never actually open carry because I see very little advantage to it besides comfort. I do like that open carry would protect concealed carriers from accidental visibility or printing and that is the number one reason I would like to see it.

There is a BIG downside however and that is going to be the reaction to it from stores, etc. I have the bad feeling that there would be a serious number of the ineffective gun buster signs going up everywhere. My ultimate fear is that open carry could backfire and stores would have a real way with punishment of excluding you from carrying concealed or not, similar to the dreaded 30.06 signs in Texas. I much prefer the gunbuster sign that has no legal weight except they can ask you to leave, which is fair enough.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am for open carry, but would likely never actually open carry because I see very little advantage to it besides comfort. I do like that open carry would protect concealed carriers from accidental visibility or printing and that is the number one reason I would like to see it.

There is a BIG downside however and that is going to be the reaction to it from stores, etc. I have the bad feeling that there would be a serious number of the ineffective gun buster signs going up everywhere. My ultimate fear is that open carry could backfire and stores would have a real way with punishment of excluding you from carrying concealed or not, similar to the dreaded 30.06 signs in Texas. I much prefer the gunbuster sign that has no legal weight except they can ask you to leave, which is fair enough.

This is my feeling.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A store cant "really" punish you. It would take a change in the law to put teeth in their signs. I don't like the fact that because some people may be alarmed we should all have our constitutional rights suppressed.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. It should have never reached this point. We should have constituitional carry. No paper giving us the "right" or "permission" to carry. But I also feel that businesses should be able do what every they want in their store or someones home. I would just choose not to do business there.

But I can see if we had open carry businesses would be able to see you violating their sign ( where most of us ignore them now).

But to me its worth the initial problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom