Tulsa police chief against open-carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Think back to when CCW passed in OK. Lots of no guns signs popped up and most were gone within the 1st year.

What makes OK so different from other states. Why does OC work in AZ with MC gangs riding with shotguns over their shoulders not an issue there but it would be in OK? Why is OC in bars in VA a non-issue (in fact until recently bars were one of the places CCW was prohibited but OC was not and CCW'rs had to uncover to enter a bar).

Why is unrestricted OC in VT which is quite possibly the most liberal state in the nation not an issue there but it is in OK.

Why?

Oh I agree with you Warewolf, I want OC. What I really don't want under any circumstances an official sign with penalty like the TX 30.06. I despise leaving my carry gun in the car waiting for someone to steal it...

If we can get OC and stores could only post a gunbuster and ASK people to leave, I'm all for it.

Good luck,

Alan

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Open carry is a dumb idea. Just like fat guys wearing nothing but a speedo to WalMart. Nobody needs to see the junk your packin'.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Open carry is a dumb idea. Just like fat guys wearing nothing but a speedo to WalMart. Nobody needs to see the junk your packin'.

For most people, most of the time, I agree. But there are times when it is a really good idea. Like a store owner who is at high risk of hold-ups.

And it is a right which should not be infringed.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We can argue the loss of tactical surprise..
We can argue that it scares the sheep.
We can argue that it will teach citizens that their armed brethren are self reliant, law abiding citizens as they see it more and more.

We can argue till the sun goes down about what ever anyone wants to argue re: OC

Whether you agree or disagree with OC: what cannot be argued is that in a land with a government established by the people with the primary purpose of protecting the rights of those same people that taking the choice to OC away from free and law abiding citizens is an abhorrent and evil thing.

It is absolutely amazing to me that anyone who believes in freedom and the right to keep and bear arms could argue otherwise.

Brother Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can argue that it will teach citizens that their armed brethren are self reliant, law abiding citizens as they see it more and more.

We can argue till the sun goes down about what ever anyone wants to argue re: OC

Whether you agree or disagree with OC: what cannot be argued is that in a land with a government established by the people with the primary purpose of protecting the rights of those same people that taking the choice to OC away from free and law abiding citizens is an abhorrent and evil thing.

It is absolutely amazing to me that anyone who believes in freedom and the right to keep and bear arms could argue otherwise.

The problem is, you make sense. I have followed this discussion for years on this forum. Seems some are of the opinion that only law enforcement should open carry because they have been trained in weapon retention and us dumb ass civilian carry couldn't figure out we need to get training. Same one's that argued against concealed carry because not just everyone is "qualified" as much as they think they should be seem to oppose open carry as well. Really makes you realize that they are for the Constitution and the 2nd amendment as long as they get to decide who it applies to and of course only they and a select few are really "qualified" and the unwashed masses do not really need the right.

acp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is unrestricted OC in VT which is quite possibly the most liberal state in the nation not an issue there but it is in OK.

I worked in VT for years before coming here. To be honest I did not know at the time they had unrestricted OC. Hell look at the number of people on this forum that have cc permits and are against OC. It amazes me.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am tired of the mad max motorcyclist image. Hell I want open carry so that I can keep a firearm an my person on the bike, proper fitted riding jackets don't really offer any ccw options beyond a small pocket pistol for those of us that ride sport bikes and believe in appropriate crash protection gear.

I need to get from a to b then when off the bike the jacket can be unzipped and will conceal an IWB 1911.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

+1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom