Tulsa State Fair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My senior year, 1974, I stayed at the FFA dorm one week while we were showing animals. I remember a group of long haired hippie types jumped the fence one night. "Hippies!" was shouted in the dorm like "To arms! To arms!" There were 3 cowboys in boots, underwear, and cowboy hats, swinging a rope and chasing them.

I heard later one of them was sheered like a sheep.

That was the last time I was there.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t been to the Tulsa State Fair in at least 25 years. I was texting my daughter and she said her and her husband were at the fair and have been all day. She mentioned the food and said it was $80 for three sandwiches, a burger, and fries. Then said it was $85 for five refillable lemonades. She also said 50 tickets were around $65 and it takes anywhere between 4 - 6 tickets per person. She said the wrist bands weren’t available until Monday. I admit I have a little “f-you” money….but “F” that! I’ll spend some money on certain things, but I’m also not stupid. Everyone has a different perspective on what’s worth the cost, but the Tulsa State Fair…..hell no!

Anyone planning on going the the fair? After my conversation and the number of years since I’ve been….HARD PASS!

We went with the kids today, had a great time. My wife did buy one of the lemonades for my son but I didn't asker her how much it was. The kiddie rides were 3-4 tickets. Kids loved the Disney on ice too.

The fair never was cheap, don't imagine it ever will be. It was a little hot today walking around but kids had a blast.

No use wetting the diapers on price, just don't go. As far as perspective, you can't take it with you.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last time I attended the Tulsa Fair was around 1978-79. Took about $100. to spend on the shooting games, .22 rifle shoot the red star out of a sheet of note pad sized paper, and the pneumatic full auto BB gun loaded with supposedly 100 BBs’. Remember the dollars’ budgeted seemed to go fast. Not ever interested in rides, roller coaster, carousels, trains, bumper cars, etc. Remember disliking the way loud, overdone music, sirens, screeching noise. Don’t mind if everyone else likes it, and goes, doesn’t affect me, not even on my radar. Most of the time, I don’t go anywhere that forces me to pay to park, secure my edc (steel) items. Airport, court house, BOK center (duct tape).

Latest posts

Top Bottom