Tulsa's new Gathering Place Park to ban guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it were the National Park Service, you could legally CC by federal law. Our own Jim Inhofe snuck in a rider to a bill coming before congress to allow CC in National Parks. Obama was forced to sign it.
I realize that, but the issue seems to be "what category does this park fall into?"

I'd think there should be an agency that would look into stuff like this without enormous court costs to individuals. :anyone:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed, and I worry about carrying in other (non-municipal) parks because I am not sure which are Corps of Engineers land (or which part of which park is), which IS prohibited, if I'm not mistaken?

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Received this email from OK2A a few minutes ago.

Attachments

• IMG_2697.PNG
    IMG_2697.PNG
    222.2 KB · Views: 160

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
on the news last night they said new legislation would go into effect Nov 1 that deals with guns on public/private/non-profit owned or leased property. Anybody got any idea what they were talking about?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
on the news last night they said new legislation would go into effect Nov 1 that deals with guns on public/private/non-profit owned or leased property. Anybody got any idea what they were talking about?

I haven't heard anything about that... did something get snuck in during a late-night last-minute addition that slipped under the radar? I know how some legislators love to do that...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So when will we get all the people here in Tulsa with a brain to band together and fight these stupid rules that are illegal. I have a bad feeling some day a crazy person will eventually try some crap and start shooting and not have a carrier to stop them. What's the security guard going to tell that crazy person? "Oh excuse me sir, you cannot have a firearm on this 'private property'". *BANG*

I myself will not be going to the gathering place until this B.S. is resolved (probably never will be). I feel much safer in every public place in Tulsa because I know everyone carrying has our back.

That's just it, they don't have security guards. They have security monitors. They monitor and tell someone if there's a problem. There's a problem. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom