Turkey 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So, kind of a success pic/discussion thread. I saw a hen walking around my place today and a Tom courting a hen on the next section over. What will be the results of moving the season back 10 days?
5CE98C10-2394-41DB-ADB0-CA30CC7F219F.png

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Preseason scouting has been rough this year. Been scouting hard the past week or so, burning gas. I got up way earlier than I wanted to today to spend most of the morning looking and listening. That wind was killer.
All told, no turkeys at the lease, and one hen on public. Heard zero gobbling. We're gonna get after next week though, regardless.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
What will be the results of moving the season back 10 days?
Absolutely no change. As long as the kids get a free extra week, the season will always start messed up for everyone else. Well, except the guys who shot turkeys during the youth season and tagged them in their kids name.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely no change. As long as the kids get a free extra week, the season will always start messed up for everyone else. Well, except the guys who shot turkeys during the youth season and tagged them in their kids name.
I don’t doubt that some selfish SOB’s did kill turkeys on youth weekend, but kids are the future of hunting and need to be “courted” to get them firmly hooked on continuing the tradition. With all the other activities kids are offered today, I don’t view giving them an early shot at hunting success to be a very big “inconvenience“ if it ensures they want to continue hunting. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom