Turkey Hunting Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went out this evening and had a good bird coming in. He was at 50 yrds and closing and gobbling well when the cows walked up and started licking my decoys and sticking their heads in the openings of my blind. I could not do much to run them off with the bird that close. I need to take some blunts or a bb gun with me next time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went out this evening and had a good bird coming in. He was at 50 yrds and closing and gobbling well when the cows walked up and started licking my decoys and sticking their heads in the openings of my blind. I could not do much to run them off with the bird that close. I need to take some blunts or a bb gun with me next time.

Thats funny!:D My wife came to the farm on day to drive around and let the bird dogs out. Had a good tom in front of me that ran off when she drove in.

shady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope everyone has their bird by now. I am leaving tomorrow for a week in he middle of nowhere and plan to slaughter a thirty pound, three beard (18", 15", and 11") I will have pics.

I want something like this
ai66.photobucket.com_albums_h255_jennifercostantino_WildTurkeyDH.jpg

Good luck everyone

tdkitch

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
heck i dont have that handicap and the first time i went out hunting turkey i had a very difficult time sitting still. got our bird but was an all day event. i have learned that you must be silent, still and have good camo.

I think that it is great that you were able to help that gentleman out and give him a taste of the turkey hunting! That guy will never forget that and will always remember you were the one who took the time to be compassionate.

badaugherty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my niece out today after church and as we pulled in the gate, we could see several turkeys working a hay pile. We pulled in and took cover behind some cedars. We eased up on them and there were about 9 hens and one Tom strutting in the middle of them. We tried calling and couldn't get the tom to take any interest. The hens started walking off and we decided to try and get in front of them so we hoofed it around the hill to try to beat them to the timber. I thought they beat us so I peaked around a cedar right on top of them and the 2 lead hens flew up over us. We ran into them and got off a couple of shots at the turkey as he was headed south over the trees. Sitting and calling wasn't as exciting and I had a hard time keeping her interested so we called it a day a couple of hours later and came on home.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took the kid back out today that I had taken on opening morning and put him and his dad in a blind so he could not spook the birds. I sat behind the blind cause there was not room for 3 of us in there. I had 4 toms on them and when I heard the first shot, I stood up so I could see over the blind and saw one bird down and then another hit the ground and I thought...Great, they both got a bird....but it wasn't so. The dad shot them both. Said the kid could not get his gun up without spooking the birds. I think he just got excited and shot both. The blind is black on the inside and that bird yesterday did not see me at 8 yards and these birds were at 25-30. We missed a great opportunity to get a kid a bird.

Latest posts

Top Bottom