Turkey hunting success pics(post em here)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeerCreek

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend, Mick Burris shot this turkey this morning in Silver City.

ai252.photobucket.com_albums_hh29_dwbell_turkeynumber1dustysick018.jpg

shady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are a few from Tuesday and Wednesday. Another member here Ace1820 is in the picture with his bird. We are heading back tomorrow for more fun. I will post more pics and VIDEO when I get back.

ai454.photobucket.com_albums_qq265_ShadyShay_album_IMG_8157.jpg

ai454.photobucket.com_albums_qq265_ShadyShay_album_IMG_8149.jpg

ai454.photobucket.com_albums_qq265_ShadyShay_album_IMG_8148.jpg

And then the prize!!!!!

ai454.photobucket.com_albums_qq265_ShadyShay_album_IMG_8164.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great pics Shady! I took a 10 yr old out this morning. He is pretty experienced. I think this was his 3rd bird but his little brother had never gotten one and his dad and my brother took the youngest brother and I took Justin. We had some gobble on the roost but I think I made too much noise setting the blind up this morning and the birds were shy of it and I could not get them any closer than 75 yrds. We went and ate breakfast and went back to another place I have permission and set up for awhile and just called with no responses. He got bored and wanted to walk around and I thought no sense boring the kid to death so we walked and called and found a turtle. We were just climbing the fence by the truck to leave when one gobbled right where we had set and called. He got excited and wanted to go after it. I took him to a clearing about 150 yrds from where I thought the bird was and cut some brush from around a big tree that we could sit against, put the deke out and started calling. All of a sudden a hen opened up behind us close and sounded like she was coming right to us. She was calling repeatedly so I turned him around that way and got his gun off safety and pointed in the right direction. The hen kept getting closer and sounded like she was right on top of us but there was a cedar tree about 10 ft in front of us blocking the view that way. He finally said he could see her and then whispered there was a tom with her. She stepped clear of the cedar about 20 yrds away and had 2 jakes following close with their heads glowing red. I said shoot as soon as one is clear and he made a great shot. He was using my youth 20 ga Rem 870 because he accidentally brought his .22 instead of his 20 ga. He was excited and when we called home, his little brother had killed a big tom right after it flew off the roost. There wasn't much gobbling this morning but they were still interested in the call.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_IMG_1023.jpg

ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_IMG00021.jpg

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heres pics of my firs bird. He's a small jake that I took on Thursday out in Western Ok in Packsaddle WMA. Very tough weekend....rain, rain, rain. They were unresponsive and tough to figure out. Just happend to stumble upon this jake. 3" beard, nubs for spurs, weight?. Now I need to get to work with the borax and finding a recipie.

ai933.photobucket.com_albums_ad177_davs2601_54743f39.jpg

ai933.photobucket.com_albums_ad177_davs2601_a60340b6.jpg

shady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are some more.......ALL three of the kids got birds. (First bird for all three) I still do not have one but I have faith. More pics and video to come soon.

ai454.photobucket.com_albums_qq265_ShadyShay_album_IMG_8177.jpg

ai454.photobucket.com_albums_qq265_ShadyShay_album_IMG_8173.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom