Turkey Mountain--firearm ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty much a rule-following guy, so if the sign says "no carrying", you can bet I won't carry. And if I do, and **the nice police officers** come after me, I sure won't lead them on an uphill chase through the woods. But. if that would happen, and I find myself in jail.....I have your number.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guthrie Green appears to be privately owned, by the Kaiser Foundation. On private propery, carrying is not illegal. However, if you are asked to leave and do not, you may be prosecuted for criminal trespassing. Being on private property in violation of posted rules could constitute civil trespassing; but in that kind of civil suit, the owner could only collect actual damages. Well, nominal damages may be awarded in such cases, but that would be something tiny like $1.

A Gathering Place appears to be land that was given to the city of Tulsa by the Kaiser Foundation. If that is the case, it is government property and they are required to allow carry unless there is some part of it that falls under the prohibited places statute (which outdoor parks do not).

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, it's bogus and of no legal effect... unless they're going to try to call the shitter at Turkey Mountain a "structure [. . .] which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public"... but I'm pretty sure to fall into that category you have to be taking it up the ass when you go there. :D

Anyways, rest assured that if some idjit officer arrests you for carrying there, you can dream of all the money you will be getting from your false imprisonment and civil rights suit against the City while you are munching your free bologna sandwich in David L. Moss.

So, that would constitute..."for the purpose of conducting business with the public"..?

What if you werent charging.....would that still be considered.."doing business"...?

Latest posts

Top Bottom